Now that we have our blog set up and ready to go, you will be introducing your artist to the other members of the group. You will write a few lines about your artist in the first person. The guidelines are:
1. Include a salutation (say ‘Hello’ in the voice of your person). Could be in their native language or in their own personal style.
2. Let us all know what they are known for (What kind of art do they make? What is their most famous accomplishment?).
3. List two interesting facts about them (Tell us two things that you find interesting about them).
Here is an example for my artist of choice Henri Matisse
Bonjour mon ami! My name is Henri Matisse. I am an artist of many different genres but am best known for my paintings and paper cut-outs. I was initially labeled as a ‘fauvist’ (meaning : wild beast) but during the WWII era, my art was considered ‘degenerative’ by the invading Nazis and I was not allowed to show my work. Ms. Andreadis has a copy of my painting Large Red Interior (1948) in her kitchen. She is so tres’ magnifique! (Here is Ms. Andreadis at the Centre Georges Pompidou, Paris, July 2007 seeing the original Matisse painting.)
Introduction is due by 11:59pm Friday, February 11, 2011.

Why, hello there. It’s quite nice to see you. My name is Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley, named for my poor mother who died just ten days after giving birth to me, may God rest her soul. I am a novelist, known for my most famous story Frankenstein, or The Modern Prometheus. However, I am also an editor and biographer! I am a fervent supporter of the feminist movement, and I started writing my most famous book when I was just eighteen! Quite an accomplishment for a young lady of my time, I must say!
ReplyDeletese1
Hey Swingers, Cool cats, those few be-bops! Ha, ha! I’ve heard around the block, that some of the cool kids thought I was the bee’s knees in my time. Ya know “I merely took the energy, it takes to pout and wrote some blues,” (Ellington, unknown) to make my music. I prefer Jazz, I just like the swinging of the beats and the smooth riffs produced by those kicking instruments. And to people who thought my music was ‘some type of an abomination’ just because of the color of my skin, calm down, it’s a new age, chill out my friends. But, the critics, the “Critics have their purposes, and they're supposed to do what they do, but sometimes they get a little carried away with what they think someone should have done, rather than concerning themselves with what they did.”(Ellington, 1973)
ReplyDeleteI was born in April 29th, 1899 in Washington D.C. in the United States. O’er the years I think I’ve wrote and composed a lotta pieces, about 2,000 I think. People say ‘I’m a gifted piano player’ I love playing instruments. But I love conducting orchestra, it’s just me. My motif, my style! I love playing music it makes me so happy, the rhythm gets me going. Moving to the beat of the drum! And that’s how I’ve always felt since music became a part of me.
-Duke Ellington
Привет, мой друг! My name is Marina Semyonova, that's Марина Тимофеевна Семёнова in Russian . I am one of the first Russian trained prima ballerinas ever!
ReplyDeleteI was a student of Agrippina Vagonova (the originator of the Vagonova style of Ballet), then I went on to dance at the very famous Kirov Ballet. In 1930 I moved on to dance at the Bolshoi Theatre, one of the greatest ballet companies in the world, which are some of the best years of my life.
I've danced many principal roles such as Odette/Odile in "Swan Lake," Princess Aurora and Princess Florine in "Sleeping Beauty," Giselle in "Giselle," and many more. I look forward to continue dancing until I truly can't dance any more. But, even then, I will stay in the world of dance as long as I can; maybe I'll teach or maybe I'll direct.
I enjoyed every day of dancing, though the life of a dancer is anything but easy. I love my art so much.
Well I'd better head off to rehearsal!
До свидания!
Hello darling,how are you? My name is Eleanora Fagan, also known as Billie Holiday, "Lady Day" and "Prez". I had to write this before I got to the Harlem jazz club. I'm going there to perform my songs "God Bless the Child" and "My Man". After I leave the jazz club I'm going on tour to promote my new songs "Strange Fruit" and "Miss Brown". Which I hear are some of my most powerful songs that people are in love with. Well I have to go sweetheart, hopefully I will see you in the Harlem jazz club soon!
ReplyDeleteHello. Although we are not formaly acquainted, you may call me Sarah, Sarah Siddons. Throughout my career, I was known as a british tragedienne actress, however, I was born in Brecon, or Brecknockshire, Wales on July 5, 1755. From the moment I was born I just knew my destiny was in the theatre buisness. It was in my blood! For my father, Roger Kemble, was an actor-manager who had his own traveling company.
ReplyDeleteMy most famous role was in Shakespeare's Macbeth as the one and only, Lady Macbeth. But my first successful role was playing Belvidera in Thomas Otway's performance of Venic Preserved. And it was a WONDERFUL performance! I do hate that you missed it.
In 1773, at the age of eighteen, I married one of my fellow actors; William Siddons. Even though we did have seven children together, neither of us was not, exactly how you americans would say.. in love? Which we resolved quite easily in an informal separation.
Even though I would love to stay and chat I am afraid I am being beckonded to, yet another, rehersal.
Good Bye, Love!
Hallo my name is Gustav Klimt. I am best known from the painting "The Kiss." I dabble in the field of arts, I can paint and draw. I believe this myself and a few other people say that they believe this too. But I'm not certain of whether it's true. There has been times where my work has often offended various groups of religion or people from the scenes of nude women. Like the time my 3 paintings i designed for the great hall was destroyed by retreating NAZI forces. But i do not mean to offend anyone, but instead expressing ideas such as that the mysteries of life are ultimately impenetrable and that human existence consists of nothing more than the infinitely repeated cycle of birth, copulation and death, which I show in my painting "the three ages of women." I have never painted a self-portrait. I am less interested in myself as a subject for a painting than I am in other people, above all women. There is nothing special about me. I am a painter who paints day after day from morning to night. If you do however want to know something about me you ought to look carefully at my pictures. I believe that one can learn about me through my work. It was nice to be able to share this with you and to whomever else maybe listening.
ReplyDeleteAuf Wiedersehen!
Buon giomo come stai? My name is Muzio Clementi. I just got finished composing one of my newest sanatasd. It's my 118 one. That is what I'm most known for, sonatas on the piano. I grew up in a household of 6 brothers and sisters. Boy, wasn't that walk in the park!I studied with Sir Peter Bekford at his wonderful estate in London, England. Today, I spent 8 hours practing some of my sanatas, as I do most days. Boy, am I getting quite sleepy. When your day consists of playing the piano all day, you get tired fast. Have a terrific night!
ReplyDeletewhere y'at? in "The Big Easy" n'awlins thats wat that name is umhm gett'na erster poboy wid exta mie naz.. uhp tawn iz nice mmmhm,yupp, ain life justa bowla gumbo? hmm herin losa people witta dem gumbo yaya ova here umhmm. Im ou n da banquette cool glass o wahrter yupp, remine me uh dem mudnugs e used ta eat yupp they jus melt ina mouth. My boys donna bayou widda gris gris is, ol times dem ol days yupp umhmm i rememba wen uh got da name "bunk", dey call meh dat cuz i yupp never stayd et meh place umhmm you seh yupp got dat name...met a niice niice fella dat der dayy na noaw wass is name um buddy,buddy bolen um scuse meh ,bolden he dun got meh jobs ol ova da place umhm ereray un nuw dat bolden hada dem notes ol fresha.yupp bolden fo ya.mhmm ya muh firs teacha..ada..adam oliver umhm dats is namhe,whooowee afa him i learnd ta get' duwn yupp butya na kno dat der sund umhm sund a ragtime trumpet playas ol oer da place haha dats my typ'a music right der yupp..ahmum..back to the story ada..adam got muh inta dat orchestra of his umhmm boyy i tell ya it wass niice umhmm..da people tolked ol bou meh yupp-clarence williams, miss sidney bechet n dat der louis armstrong umhmm dey tolkd bou meh yupp even got ta play a recordin lon wit georgey george lewis umhm mhm evin loss muh teeth mm mm mm muh sir muh brotha leonard fo dat fixa up dere umhmm yupp evin gotta nuw trumpet happy yess i am.dis poboy reallay soaks duwn dem memories yupp dese times dese ol days bin reallay fiun dem brathos a mine kno howta gett duwn n jazzy wit dem crispay notes uh dems..hm dey dun back buy ya yupp well umhmm iz bena jo tolkn ta y'll very niice'n swell wis'cul tell ah moe budda Budda B. secon chhauir callun muh name fo dat der Qeen Victoia umhmm dats a bigga tyask umhmm yupp well now ia seh y'll late'a best to folkas Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez!! uhm
ReplyDeleteG'day mate!! My name is Dame Nellie Melba, but I'm sure you already knew that. I am one of the few famous female opera singers from the Industrial Era. I grew up in a musical family but as you can see I was the only one in my family who maintained character and soul to follow my dreams. Though as a young girl my father opposed my choice of profession because of my gender. But despite my father's opinion I followed my dreams of becoming a professional opera singer! Many people know me for my impeccable vocal technique and numerous occasions of my "prima donna" moments. I imagine people viewed me as a prima donna because my recordings for HMV were far more expensive then any other artist, I wore the most extravagant couture articles of clothing, and I worked with the best of the best. Including: Charles Gounod, Harold Craxton, Peter Dawson, and Enrico Caruso, just to name a few. Performing meant traveling all over the world!! I've been all over Europe, The United States, my homeland Australia, and even parts of North Africa, lets just say i lead a pretty exciting and eventful life!! Not only has the art of opera changed my life, but it has also changed the world of music!!!
ReplyDeleteCiao! My name is Faustina Bordoni. I’m sure you’ve already heard of me, but just in case you don’t recognize my name, I was one of the most famous opera singers of my time
ReplyDelete(18th Century). I am an Italian mezzo-soprano, and I have stared in many well known opera’s throughout Europe. In fact, Handel invited me to be part of his opera company called the Royal Academy of Music. He even wrote five roles in his operas just for me! My nickname is the “New Siren,” but feel free tell your friends and family you were lucky enough to meet the great and fabulous “Faustina!”
Greetings! My name is Jane Austen. I am a 19th century writer, though some consider for deliberation, I’m to be categorized as an 18th century artist for the reason of the latter, dating my drafts. As a country girl from Hampshire, England, my quixotic fiction centralizes on the rural countryside opposing town society. Best known for my renowned novels Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, I completed four anecdotes in my lifetime that symbolize my literary profession. Controversial to my romantic stories, my personal affairs consistently resulted in melancholy loss. Most noted and infamous of these trials is that of Tom Lefroy, no doubt in fact of its youthful reference. I humbly profess to be a talented musician, though quite minuscule this may seem, on the contrary! I begin my day with music, as it is, and in vital inclination inspires and enhances the concepts of my distinguished tales. Without such inspiration as home, family, music, and failing relationships, what story would I have to tell? Surely the droll-some rituals of the never-sleeping metropolitan is more engaging: I beg to differ with sheer mockery!
ReplyDeleteHey, hey! Burlesque and vaudeville fans! My name is Sophie Tucker! I am a well-known comedian and singer! I am of Russian Jewish descent. Therefore the song "My Yiddish Momme" has brought the house down a few or more times in it's day! (Ofcourse only when I sang it)... I tell things how they are! I have never been ashamed of being myself (a big woman) in this day in age! I have many styles, but vaudeville, burlesque, and jazz ofcourse hitting punchlines between songs is very me. One of my albums is called "Sophie Tucker the Last of the Red Hot Mamas!" I am a red hot mama!... Ta ta for now
ReplyDeleteHey man, my name is Joe "King" Oliver! I'm an artist from New Orleans. I played cornet in the Jazz style, also called Dixieland. I inspired countless jazz artists for the next century including Louis Armstrong, Jimmy Dodds, Henry "Red" Allen, Tommy Ladnier, and many many more. In 1923 my band, King Oliver's Creole Jazz Band, started something new for its time. We were the first all black jazz band to make a record. We were ground breaking and were taking the world by storm. We had moved out of the Jim Crow south to Chicago where I wrote a bunch of songs like Dippermouth Blues (1923) which became a standard for all trumpeters. Unfortunately unsuccessful tours in the South eventually left me stranded there, working as a manager of a poolhall before my death at age 52.
ReplyDeleteBut hey man! "Hello, Central, give me Doctor Jazz He's got what I need, I say he has" (Oliver)
Why yes, yes hello there. You may call me Igor, Igor Stravinsky to you. Well, yes I am a composer! I Russian composer to be exact. I am known for composing music between the two great wars. I was known for writing a large variety of styles during this time period. I am very well known for my delightful piece; Concerto for two solo pianofortes, the piano and the violin concerti. Why yes, if you haven't dared to listen to it, what I fine accomplishment it was. I suggest listening to it, however you folks do it these days.
ReplyDeleteHowever great I am known to be, It was a difficult path for me. My family was the musical sort, but insisted on me pursuing the studies of law. However, they couldn't stop me. It was destined for me.
When World War 1 struck, Russia was in a terrible, devastating state. I took refuge in Switzerland. I continued to compose, and in 1939, I moved to America. From there, I pursued the path of write music for films...which was highly unsuccessful. This led me to become a better composer, with a more harmonic and rhythmic style.
Ahh, so you know about me now. Yes, yes, very good. Run along now...and, er...listen to my music. See what you can make of it.
Namasta! My name is Jamini Roy. I am one of the greatest Indian painters of the 20th century. Most of you may know me from the portrait "Santhal Mother and Child". My work was popular in the Bengali middle class and European community. I was born in 1887,in the district of Bankura. I feel I got most of my passion from my father,Ramataran Roy. He was a middle class man who resigned from government service to pursue his interest in art. When I was 16 I enrolled myself in the "Government School of Art".
ReplyDeleteIn 1908 I recieved my Diaploma in fine art.It may be a shock to you but my career didn't take off fast. Others felt my work was bland and dull. Later I soon took intrest in the field of Kalighat paintings. I rebelled against the earlier impressionist landscapes and portraits .
My goal was to show the simpicity in the life of the folk people. I felt I needed to someone give Indian its one identity. I step at my own beat, to portray what I love! Phir Milenge!
Почему привет! Добро пожаловать в Баухаус. I am Wassily Kandinsky. I teach and experiment here at the Bauhaus. My most recent project is an experiment using music. I listen to music as I paint and I paint how the song makes me feel. I see each note as a color. You might have seen this in my work "Composition VI". You see I am the first person to paint in a style called abstract in which the painting expresses the inner emotion of the artist rather than the reality of the world.
ReplyDeleteCiao! My name is Eleanora Duse. You might know me as one of the most famous Italian actresses! I was born on October 3, 1858 in Vigevano, Lombardy. Acting was a passion my whole family shared. My family were touring actors. My first stage appearance was at the age of four! Since then, I have acted in many French plays and toured with my own company in Europe and the United States! But even for busy actresses like myself, I became distracted. I fell in love! I fell in love with an incredibly talented poet named Gabriele D'Annunzio. I acted in many of his plays, I might add the plays were written for me. What a sweetheart! Through my acting career, I did not try to express my own personality. I really expressed myself in the characters I portrayed. Acting is truly what I love and will keep doing until the day i die! It was wonderful to speak with you. I hope we see each other again soon! Addio!
ReplyDeleteHello there! My Name is Sarah Breedlove but I am most known for Madame CJ Walker. I am a woman who came from the cotton fields of the South. My parents were slaves and they both died when I was 7 years old from an epidemic of yellow fever. My sister and I moved across the river and got jobs as maids. I had my first child, Lelia when I was fourteen years old. During the 1890's, I suffered from a scalp ailment which cause me to lose a lot of hair. I tried many different home remedies, but nothing worked. I prayed for the answer many times. Then, God answered my prayer. One night I had a dream, and in that dream a big black man came to me and told me what to mix up for my hair. Some of the remedy was grown in Africa, but I sent for it, mixed it, put it on my scalp, and in a few weeks my hair was growing faster then ever before! Soon after, I began selling Madam Walker’s Wonderful Hair Grower, a scalp conditioning and healing formula. I became the wealthiest African-American woman in America and the first African-American woman millionaire.
ReplyDeleteHallo dort, Liebling! My name is Lotte Lehmann, and I am a famous opera singer. I’m a soprano, which means I have a high vocal range. I’ve been in a total of 93 operas in my life. I found my true artistic home in Vienna, where my good friend Richard Strauss listened to me sing as an understudy for his opera Ariadne auf Naxos and chose me to sing in its world premiere! I sing in many other operas, and I am also a music teacher. I sang for the first time in London in 1914, and gave my farewell performance there in 1938. As I’ve always said, “The music is the shining path over which the poet travels to bring his song to the world,” (Lehmann, unknown). I’m considered to be one of the greatest singing actresses of all time, and am a very inspiring person to any person who aspires to live their life surrounded by the joy of music. Musik ist meine Lebensdauer! (Music is my life!)
ReplyDeleteBonjoir! My name is Maurice Ravel. I am a French composer best known
ReplyDeletefor my orchestral work, Bolero. I am originally from Ciboure, France.
I later moved to Paris, France to study music at the Conservatoire de
Paris under Gabriel Fauré. I like all types of music. I like American
Jazz, Asian music, and traditional folk songs. I am not a person for
marriage but I have had long relationships. I was never able to enlist
in the First World War because of my age and health. I became an
ambulance driver. People would sometimes call me “Swiss Watchmaker”.
It was referring to the intricacy and precision of my work. Well au
demain!
Bonjour. My name is Pierre Beaumarchais. I am a French dramatist, as well as many other things. I wrote the Figaro Plays, which were later turned into operas by the fabulous Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart when he wrote The Marriage of Figaro and the wonderful Gioachino Rossini who wrote The Barber of Seville. Also, I played a very instrumental role in publishing all of the works of Monsieur Voltaire. When I was born, my name was Pierre-Augustin Caron, but later I changed my sir-name to Beaumarchais. Oh, I almost forgot, as well as all of these things, (oh don't I sound conceited), I was a very big help during the American Revolution. I look forward to telling you more about myself in the future.
ReplyDeleteWell that is all for now.
Au revoir
Hello, Theda Bara here! I'm that mystical, dark, beautiful silent film actor that you all should know as the origional vamp. I was born and raised in a little suberb in Cincinnati, and naturally had a love for the theater. My original name was Theodosia Goodman, but I dropped that as soon as I got the chance. I just felt like "Theda" added a bit more spice to my life.
ReplyDeleteHello, I’m Vernon Castle. I am known as a dancer with my wife and partner Irene Castle. I was born in England , then moved with my sister to New York which is where I met Irene, my wife. When we got married we became dance partners, because we both shared the love for dance. We together made the dances American ragtime , Turkey Trot , and the Grizzly bear. We have been in movies and on vaudeville. I am nothing without Irene. If your intrested in those who fought in war, I was one of them. I was a pilot fighting for UK. Well its been a pleasure to meet you, cheerio!
ReplyDeleteHello there, Charles Dickens,here.I'm a novelist best known for my Christmas story,A Christmas Carol. All my life I have been alone, even as I child my father was in prison and my mother and borthers and sister lived there with him. At the age of twelve I was left alone with no adive, no consel, no encouragemant,no consolation, and no support from anyone(Stanley and Vennema). I have written many books inculeding Oliver Twist, David Copperfeild, Great Expectations, A Tale of Two Cities and others. Cheerio!
ReplyDeletePourqoui bonjour lá! I am Camille Claudel, most known for my sculptures, and i worked with world renowned artist Auguste Rodin, we both learned from each other. He was also my lover, although we never lived together. Although my parents didn't agree with my life decisions, i stayed strong and kept with my art. now if you don't mind i must allez! Au revoir ami!
ReplyDeleteHallo!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Frederic Chopin. I'm here visiting my hometown, the small town of Zelazowa Wola, Germany. This old town is a bit too small for my liking, probably why I moved to Warsaw when I was a few months old. Haha! I guess you would like to know about my achievements on the piano. That is what I'm known for anyhow. Well I wrote most of my music while I was living in Warsaw. My pre-high school years were extremely inspiring. You might not have known that I was once called "The New Mozart" because of my piano talent at such a young age. I gave many concerts at a young age for queens and kings. I don’t like to brag but many consider my work to be the best of the Romantic Era. I am very sorry if you are a young lad trying to play one of my pieces, I know they can be difficult. I just love to add in trills, crossovers, and wild leaps from octave to octave. My wife always tells me that my frivolous pieces accent my frivolous live-style. Speaking of my frivolous life-style, I have a party to get back to.
Auf Wiedersehen!
Ciao la mia brava gente! My name is Luisa Tetrazzini. I am a famous Italian opera singer as you all may know, a soprano in fact. I started singing with the Manhatten Opera House, but my true success really came when I sang with Covent Garden and the Chicago Opera. Oh wait, I believe I forgot to tell you something. Did you know i sang in Sanfransico once? Yes, in front of thousands, and my voice flooded the city I loved.
ReplyDeleteHey! Yes I’m Linley Sambourne. Oh, yeah! I forgot you were coming to visit. You can jus’ call me Sammy for short. Um…, let me jus’ fix this up a lil’ bit. Ok, there! Alright, well, I only have a few minutes to talk so basically what I’m workn’ on here is jus’ a drawing. I have to make it before I turn it in on Monday. It’s for our magazine, called Punch. Have you heard of it? You do. Cool! Well, basically Punch is jus’ a magazine with a lot of drawings, sketches, and a little bit of comics here and there that’s based on political, economical, or jus’ plain old conflicts in the world. What I’m workn’ on right now is this drawing that’s based on the imperialism over Africa. I still don’t know what to call it…, I was thinking Cecil Rhodes. What? You like it. Ok then. Me too! Yup it’s goin’ good so far. I’ve been here for 4 decades and I still love this job! Well I gotta go. I have to finish this up. Hope you got the information you needed. See ya later!
ReplyDeleteRJ6
Bonjour mi amie. I am mademoiselle Maupin. I was a famous French Opera singer in my time. I am known for my beautiful contralto voice. People gossip about me saying that I have a very wild and flamboyant life. Before I was an Opera singer I fought duels against young aristocrats, and dressed up in mens clothing and sang for my living. I have had many many love affairs with men and women, resulting in many many bad affairs with the law. Everything I do I do with passion and love. Au revoir my lovely friends.
ReplyDeleteHC3
Hello there, my name is Hester Santlow. You may know me better as Hester Booth (my husband was Barton Booth, who was one of the most famous dramatic actors of the 18th century). At just 16 I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my life, I wanted to be on the stage. I started out as a dancer and was well known for my role as Harlequin from the Italian Commedia dell’arte. I was so wonderful that they even made a painting of me in my costume! About 3 years later I became an actress. My greatest role was that of Cordelia, the youngest daughter in Shakespeare’s play King Lear. It was such fun to play that role. Well, I best be off now or I’ll be late for rehearsal! It was a joy to meet you!
ReplyDeleteGood day to you all! My name is Anna Atkins. I am a British photographer best known for my cyanotypes, or blueprints, of the species of algae in the British Isles. I was the first person of either gender to use cyanotypes to create a long-term scientific study of the natural world. My father was a scientist and I helped him by creating drawings for some of his works such as his translation of Jean-Baptiste-Pierre-Antoine de Monet de Lamarck's Genera of Shells. Well, I must be going, as I have much work to do between housekeeping and my photography. Farewell!
ReplyDeleteCiao, my name is Marie Taglioni. I am a famous ballerina with the Imperial Ballet. I used to dance with Her Majesty's Theatre and with the Paris Opera Ballet. Oh, how i love to dance en pointe. My father even created the ballet La Sylphide for me to show of my talents. I did a scandalous thing for that time and shortened my skirt in the ballet. It helped show off my beautiful pointe work. My father approved because it helped show of my dancing. People loved my dancing so much that one day, at the height of my career, i sold a pair of my pointe shoes for 200 rubles! My father was so proud. Well i must be off now. Addio amico mio!
ReplyDeleteHello there! My name is Marie Hall. I am considered the foremost woman violinist of my time. I have toured worldwide and have a large following of fans in Europe, the United States and South Africa.
ReplyDeleteI received my first lessons from my father, Edward Felix Handley Hall. He was a harpist in the orchestra of the Carl Rosa Opera Company.
My life has truly been a rags-to-riches story. When I was a child, growing up in a small village in England near Malvern, I helped support my family by playing the violin for money.
I was eighteen when I made my first performance in 1903 as a solo violinist in Vienna with the Philharmonic Orchestra. That was one of the most wretched experiences of my life, but I gathered my courage and conquered my dread of the occasion.
One of my proudest accomplishments was when Ralph Vaughan-Williams composed “The Lark Ascending” and dedicated it to me in 1914, but war broke out and I did not perform it until 1921 at the Queen’s Hall in London.
It has been a pleasure meeting you. I hope we meet again soon.
ST6
Tap,tap,shuffle,tap.......Oops! Hey! Didn't see you there,I was just practicing a few moves.The name's Luther ("Don't call me that") Robinson, but I changed it to Bill when I was younger.I'm mostly known as Bojangles.Mr. Bojangles to you. I changed tap dance from a flat-footed dance to a style that push the dancer to his toes. Yes, I made a new kind of tap dance. I did films like "Stormy Weather" with Ms. Lena Horne, Cab Calloway and Katherine Dunham and her dance troupe. I also did "The Little Colonel" with little Shirley Temple. I still think I can run backwards faster than most men can go forward, but I guess people don't believe me. Ha but everything copasetic!
ReplyDeleteHallo! My name is Franz Xaver Wolfgang Mozart, also known as F.X. Mozart, W.A Mozart Son, or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart Jr. What a mouthful! I was born in Vienna, Austria on July 26, 1791. I'm the youngest child of six children to my father, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and my loving mother Constanze. I'm a composer, pianist, conductor, and teacher. I love to teach. I teach students all over the world. It's the most exciting besides playing me and my fathers pieces. Just like my father, I started to compose at an early age. Although I like to play my fathers pieces, I question my talent and fear that whatever I compose, it would get compared to my fathers famous pieces. But besides that I likes to compose romantic music. It's amazing how I can compose what I am felling. Romance is always in the air and I can express it however I want even if I'm not married. My most memorable moment in my early ages wwas when I was thirteen-years-old, making my debut in Vienna in a concert in the Theater an der Wien. I loved every bit of it. Oh well. I have to go. I'm performing Piano Concerto No.1 in C major at a local concert. Come if you want.
ReplyDeleteHello! My name is Clara Fisher. Many of you may know me as "the oldest living actress" in the 1800s. I started acting when i was only 5 years old. As my carrier launched, i worked with actors such as William Charles Macready, Edmund Kean, John Brougham and many more. My most outstanding performance was playing the role of Lord Flimnap in the production of David Garricks. Many people said "she astonished the audiance with her great talent. Well will you look at the time, ive got rehursal to attend. Good day!
ReplyDeleteHello Ms. Andreadis! So nice it is to me you. I'm Katherine Mansfield! I was born Kathleen Mansfield Beauchamp to a wealthy family in Wellington, New Zealand, on October 14, 1888.I was educated in London, deciding early on that I just wanted to be a writer. I studied music, wrote for the school newspaper, and read the works of Oscar Wilde and other English writers of the early twentieth century. I hope you enjoy knowing about me, like I will knowing you and others.
ReplyDeleteFebruary 4, 2011 10:56 AM
Bonjour. My name is Marie Salle. I am a very well known ballerina in France. I mainly dance in Paris and London. My style is more graceful and flowing. In 1927 at a very young age, I made my first official debut in the Paris Opera. I quit the opera twice because they were not giving me what i wanted. The second time i quit, the Paris Opera threw me in jail. I escaped and than went to dance at Covent Garden. Oh goodness, look at the time. I'm late for rehearsal. Goodbye!
ReplyDeleteBonjour mon ami, my name is Barthelemy Thimonnier. I take the trade of a tailor, and my wife is an embroideress. Along with being a tailor, I am also known as an inventor. I invented the first sewing machine, and indeed it was not easy. In fact, I was hated by many tailors for my first attempt of creating a sewing machine. Well.... Nice meeting you, I have to be gone now. Au revoir.
ReplyDeleteFebruary 9, 2011 7:40 PM
Bonjour! Je m' appelle Francois-Marie Arouet, but i am better known as Voltaire. I am known for being one of the most prominent writers of my time. I am a writer, philosopher, playwright and I have written almost every literary form from plays, poetry, novels, essays, historical and scientific works, more than 20,000 letters and 2,000 books and pamphlets. Voltaire, the name that i adopted in 1718, is an anagram of "AROVET LI," the Latinized spelling of my surname, Arouet, an the initial letters of "le jeune" ("the younger"). I am known and honored in France as a courageous polemicst who indefatigably fought for civil rights and I denounced the hypocrisies and injustices of the ancien regime.
ReplyDeletejusqu'a la prochaine fois (until next time) ! Au revoir!
Hello there! My name is Ma Rainey but my maiden name is Getrude Pridgett... i love to dance and sing those things are what I live for. I am a famous african american blues singer, you know i was born in to a real show biz family. In 1900 was my first real performance, at 14 I did fantastic! have you ever heard of Ma Rainey Black Bottom? Yupp thats me dancin' and a singing. Wow these good days... i've also been called the "mother of blues". My most popular songs are... Black Dust Blues and Black Eye Blues.
ReplyDeleteDydh da! Fatla genough why? (Hello! How are you?) My name is Joseph Emidy. Nice to get this wonderful opportunity to meet you! I do a lot of things, but I’m most recognized for my music, I play my music just about anywhere. A lot of people know about me, probably because I was one of the first composers and artist to emerge from the African Diaspora (African presence in Europe, the Americas, and the Caribbean). I was born in Guinea West Africa in 1775 but then I was taken as a slave to Brazil. Subsequently I became one of the leading violinists at the magnificent Lisbon Opera House. Before all this I was enslaved and that was a tragic thing for me, but I’m still happy that I got to express myself through my music. I make a lot of classical chamber works, symphonies and concertos which make me so very influential to music. Well you know I am a busy man with my composing, performing, teaching, and organizing concerts. So i was nice meeting you and great talking to you! But now I have to get back to work. So Dew genough and durdatha why! (Goodbye and good day to you!)
ReplyDeleteHey, how's it going? Ever had that one passion or dream that no one could seperate you from achieving? My name is Ira Aldridge, born and raised in New York City. Growning up was tough, my mom died when I was only 11 but even though I had my hard times I always had a passion for the theater. I loved the theater so much that I became the first and one of the best Shakespearean actors of all time. Being African American didn't make things any easier, to be frank it kind of made things 10x harder. At 15 I was associated with professional black actors. I've played leading roles in well known Shakespear plays such as Macbeth, King Lear, Hamlet and plenty more. Out of my many accomplishments the best one was marrying my beloved wife Margaret, who I better get home to. Nice talking to you and remember anything possible if you stick your mind to it! Nice meeting you. See ya!
ReplyDeleteHello! My name is Joan Miró. I was drawn to the arts community in Spain at a very young age, and when I grew older I became a very famous artist. I work in many genres including ceramics, sculpture, and murals. I also like to experiment with new and unusual styles and media. But I am best known for my colourful and bold Surrealist paintings. In 1980 I was awarded the Gold Medal of Fine Arts from the king of Spain for my work. I am looking forward to meeting all of you! ¡Adiós!
ReplyDeleteBonjour! My name is Charles Garnier. Everyone here seems to be talking about where they've studied so I think I might add a few words about myself. I studied under. I was born on the Rou Mouffetard on Novemver 6, 1825. I married Felicia Cole, the daughter of a captain from the French Army. I later became the apprentice of Louis-Hippolyte Lebas and then later a full time student at the École royale des Beaux-Arts de Paris. I received the Premier Grand Prix de Rome in 1848. Well thats all I have time for now. So, farewell, for now.
ReplyDeleteHello gorgeous , it's Fannie Brice. How are ya? If you don't me, I'm am a well known actress, comedian, and singer. I first started on the stage when I was 13 at my fathers shop. They loved me! Later in my life I became a burlesque showgirl, but soon everyone realized that my real talent was to be a star, not a chorus dancer. My first big hit was a song called "My Man." It was was one snazzy song. I was also very well known for my radio show called "The Baby Snooks Show." The interesting part was that I played a toddler in it! Ha! Haa, what fun! Well, I gotta go! My show is bout' to start. See ya!
ReplyDeleteHello. My name is Kathe Kollwitz I am a German sculptor and printmaker. I was born in Königsberg, Province of Prussia. I am the fifth child in my family. Recognizing my talent, my father arranged for me to begin lessons in drawing and copying plaster casts when I was twelve. I enrolled in an art school for women in Berlin after i was unable to study in a college becuase there were no colleges or academies for women. I did many brutally honest self portraits during the course of my life.I lived through both world wars. I lived under the ever present threat of the death camps in Nazi Germany. At the age of seventeen i became engaged to Karl Kollwitz, a medical student. In 1888, I went to Munich to study at the Women's Art School, where I realized my strength was not as a painter, but a draftsman. In 1890, I returned to Königsberg, rented my first studio, and continued to draw laborers, and in 1891 I got married to Karl kollwitz. Well enough about me, Goodbye.
ReplyDeleteHowdy folks Charlie Chaplin here! Chaplins the name and comedies the game. I've only got a minute or two cause' I'm mighty busy filmin' a movie. I was born on the 16th April 1889, in London, England. Both my mother and my father were performers and as sure as my shoes are big I learned to love the art of performing from them. But alas mama and poppa split before I was three. My dad liked his bottle and was pretty much out of my life and my mother was in and out of the nuthouse (I guess that's where my nuttiness comes from). My father died when I was twelve and my mothers singing career was in shambles an soon as she got a larynx condition. My first real role was in a Sherlock Holmes play and my first big movie was a silent film called "Kid Auto Races in Venice" and that was when I really adopted my "Tramp" look that I'm most well known for. I chose the look because, not only was it funny, but it was pretty darn contradictory. The huge shoes (Which were so big that I had to wear them on the wrong feet just so's they wouldn't fall off), tight jacket, baggy pants, derby and whangee cane all contradicted each other in the sense that they were the clothes of a refined gentlemen, but their sizes were that of a tramp. Oh lookie here, looks like its time to get back to work. Have a wonderful day and toodleloo!
ReplyDeleteHallo! My name is Franz Joseph Haydn. I am a very important person in the music world here in Austria in the late 17 and early 1800's. I have been told that I am one of the most prolific and prominent composers of my era though wouldn't say that. I am good friends with Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and also a teacher of Ludwig van Beethoven. Both are amazing musicians and composers. For a while now i have been a court musician for the wealthy Hungarian aristocratic Esterházy family on they're private estate. Well, it was nice to meet you. Guten tag!
ReplyDeleteSalutations! It is I, Isadora Duncan, the Mother of modern dance. I have captivated audiences for years in the United States as a young adult and showcased throughout Europe once I was more seasoned. My ingenious, free-flowing, and innovated style of Modern Dance was ground breaking and the first of it's kind. I aspired to establish schools that teach new forms of movement in dance, and inspire young people to be original and eccentric. I have achieved that by establishing beautiful and successful schools in France, Russia, and Germany. Rather than uptight, restricting, and to be frank- ugly, classic ballet movements my schools embrace the natural movement of the body and loving yourself, others, and most importantly the art that is dance! Speaking of love: my love life is quite zesty and often spoken about in the press, but what’s life with out a little controversy? Well, I’m off to inspire the youth of today, Ta-ta!
ReplyDeleteBonjour! My name is Jean-Francois Millet. I am a painter, known for my
ReplyDeletelandscapes and portraits of the French peasantry. I am best known for my works “Des glaneuses” and “L’ Angelus”. I paint people as they are; a pastel of a French peasant is just as awe inspiring as a classic romantic
masterpiece. Because of this Bohemian view, I’m not allowed to exhibit my work in the Salon. The Americans on the other hand, seem to have a greater appreciation for my work, perhaps because they can comprehend the elegant simplicity of nature better than my French comrades.
God dag, Hej! Buongiorno! Me ciame Maria Anna Angelika, but please call me Angelica Kauffmann. I am a neoclassical artist, even though I started out with the rococo style. I am most famous for my portraits, plus,
ReplyDeleteGreek and Roman style art. My first commissioned work was produced when I was
just 13, you know. It also feels so stupefacente (amazing) being a respected female painter in a field popularly reserved for male. Well I must hurry on as I told the Bishop Monsignor Nevroni from Como, Italy I would do a portrait of him. Adjö´ så lä´nge! Ciao!
Well hello there! My name is Edmonia "Wildfire" Lewis. I am the first African-American/Native American female sculptor. The "Wild Fire" in my name came from my mothers culture of Chippewa Indian. I was raised by her tribe when she and my father died when I was four. My brother named Samuel W. Lewis, or "Sunset" as we called him, helped me attend grammar school when I was twelve and later helped me attend New York Central College which was a Baptist abolitionist school. Well thats all I have for now, but I'll talk to you later and fill you in on other things you might want to know. Goodbye for now!
ReplyDeleteHallo ,
ReplyDeleteich bin Franz Peter schubert, but you can call me schubert , allthough you may see me speaking german, i 'vas born in austria. january 31st 1797 to be exact. i am a famouse composer, or so i heard Ha! I allways thought i was a bit good...a 'vell , one of my most famouse peices of music is ave maria, 'vich a few certain famouse people have sang, and including one 'vells...but this is more known for the singing in it! I allso have my great song, Serenade...it is great, a beutiful peice... ahhh......the sounds of it............................. im sorry, i got caught in the song!......hmm looking back i have seem to have written atleast 600 songs or so, and about 9 symphonys, including the famouse, but ironicly names, unfinished symphony! HA! das bist gut ya? ah well , i hope you enjoy the music, aufieter sein!
February 7, 2011 10:46 PM
Bonjour!
ReplyDeleteJe suis Jacques-Louis David! I am the best Neoclassical painter of all time!
Don't believe me? I was trained at the French Academy at Rome and then the Royal Academy. even early in my carrier I was recognized as the king of painters, my Death of Socrates was compared to the roof of The Sistine Chapel! I am good friends with Napoleon and have painted him several times. I am an ardent supporter of the revolution and will die for freedom. Au revoir!
Bonjour, bonjour! I am the “Queen of the Bias Cut” or the “Architect among Dressmakers” but I presume you already know that. I was born in Chilleurs-aux-Bois which is located in Loiret, France almost directly north of Foret Domaniale d’orleans and east of Neuville aux-bois. My goal as a designer was to create the perfect balance of elegance and experimentation in my garments all while making every woman who wore the clothes feel beautiful. I liked all my garments to flow as flawlessly as possible in a fluid and dynamic motion, all-while incorporating my love of “Grecian-styled” art into my “one-of-a-kind” creations. While alive I had no intention or want to create what appealed to people; to even create new fashion. What I did have the intention of was to create some of the most beautiful dresses the world had ever seen; to take the definition of elegance to a whole ‘nother level; to become the world’s greatest dress maker of all time. Which I am currently known as. Although death put an end to my life on Earth in 1975 just shy of my 100th birthday, my creations and designs still flourish and live on till this day and my works are displayed in Museums all around the world. It has been a great pleasure to speak to you, or for you to speak to me, anyways, but now I must go as I am beginning to feel a new dress idea coming on. Adieu mesdames et messieurs les députés! And always remember, when a woman smiles the dress must smile with her.
ReplyDeleteOh, did I forgot to mention my name. Well it’s Madeleine Vionnet.
Bonjour Je m'apelle Louis Jacqus Mande' Daguerre. I was born November 18,1787 in Cormeilles en Parisis, Val d'Oise, France. Quite a place no? I am a French artist and chemist.I am very proud of my work in these feilds. I am most known for my creation the daguerreotype. Which was the first publicly announced photographic process. Au revoir!
ReplyDeleteBonjour. My name is Gustave Courbet. I was born in Ornans, France in 1819. I am a realist painter, meaning I paint the harsh corruptions of life. My greatest accomplishment is "After dinner at Ornans",I believe it was fine work- I earned a gold medal for it! And as for interesting facts? Well, I helped lead the realist movement... Alas I was also imprisoned for my ideas and placement of the Vendôme Column. Au revoir et salut.
ReplyDeleteWell hey there! My name is Scott Joplin. Now, you may not have known this, but I was the cornerstone of Ragtime! I practically invented and held up the genre. My most famous Rag would probably be the entertainer. Go on and give it a little listen and see if you haven't heard it before somewhere. Well, i have to go be dead now, but i'll be seeing you around!
ReplyDelete‘Ello! Fancy meeting you here! I go by Lord Byron, but my friends just call me George! I was born in England in 1788, though I am not in England at the moment. Have you ever heard of a Byronic hero? Well that term derives from me! I am a bit of a rebel. Lady Caroline Lamb says I’m mad, bad and dangerous to know, but to the Greeks, I am a national hero for my support in the Greek War of Independence. I love to write poetry, the ladies like to say I’m romantic. I also like to write play’s and some may call me a satirist, but I mainly like poetry. I published my first works of poetry when I was 14. I was admitted into the house of lords in 1809 and I have traveled all around Europe to share my poetry. You may have heard of, She walks in Beauty or Don Juan, some of my favorite and most acclaimed poetic works. I hope to talk to you all again soon, good day!
ReplyDeleteGentle Reader! My name is Elizabeth Barrett Browning and what a pleasure it is to be writing to you on this silly little contraption! Poetry is my life, so to speak, along with being widely passionate in my political views, and the love for darling husband, Robert Browning (you may recognize his name, he's a writer to!) Though my father loathed the idea of me getting married, he strongly encouraged that I pursue writing. I am known mostly for my love poems, preferably from my most famous book, "Sonnets From The Portuguese." It was originally a personal gift to Robert, but being deeply enthused by it, he incessantly suggested I publish it. What a beautiful time in Italy that was! With Valentine's Day around around the corner, I will be searching for some new inspiration. Hope to write again soon!
ReplyDeleteOriginally posted February 7, 2011
Guten Tag! My name is George Frideric Handel, and I am a world know composer. I write operas and oratorios. One huge accomplishment of mine is the song "Hallelujah," witch was a small part of the "Messiah," witch was a oratorio I wrote. I swear, god told me himself it would be a hit, ha ha. I've had my rough times... for example in the beginning of my career I got bankrupt and suffered a great amount of pain, but I got my self back together and look where I am now. If it wasn't for my good old organ teacher I would never of become a composer. He introduced music in to my life and if it wasn't for him I would of become a lawyer... thats what my dad wanted me to do, but he died and I took that as an opportunity to for fill my dreams! Thats just a little about me, goodbye!
ReplyDeleteHello! My name is Mercy Otis Warren, and I am one of America's famous revolutionary writers. I was born in 1728 in Massachusetts. My favorite color is blue. I have four children, James, Winston, Charles and George. I attended the Harvard Commencement in 1743, where I met my husband, James Warren. Over my life I acquired many famous friends such as Samuel Adams, John Hancock, George Washington, John Adams and Alexander Hamilton. I wrote many plays and poem collections, most I had to publish anonymously. I also have a statue that marks my burial site in Plymouth, Massachusetts. Well, that's a little expose of my life. Hope you enjoyed. Happy Writing!
ReplyDeleteHello fellow architects.As a 45 year professor of architecture ,i have seen lots
ReplyDeletedifferent styles endorsed upon buildings ,and i personally think that
mine is special.I used a mixture of Arabic-Spanish ornamentation.I designed
the Theater Barculona and the Modernisme,which still to this day is still an
extraordinary site to see. Good day
Hello my name is Matida Joyner Jones i am a singer and performer.I have performed all over the country I enjoy what I do. I have loved singing since i was younger. No matter what I have been through I always push,push,push harder.I have always believed that the whole world should be one no colors should stop anyone from doing anything that they want to do.As being a world wide known singer you all may have heard of me,maybe also has the Black Patti. Well i enjoyed talking,thank you.
ReplyDelete-JKS 3