Monday, May 2, 2011

3. Name the single most important work created by your artist (in your opinion). Explain your answer.

60 comments:

  1. The single most important work Mary Shelley created has to be "Frankenstein: The Modern Prometheus" because it is her magnum opus. She worked for a long time on it and it is the figurehead to classic Gothic literature. I have a special connection to her book because I saw an adapted performance of this by our local theater company. Mary Shelley emphasized the dark and dreary atmosphere of life and the fact that people can be shunned for their appearance and the way they act.

    se1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Willie "Bunk" Johnson, he had created the art to just be yourself. He was a be-loved Jazz musician who had went through the hardships that got in the way of his career. He not only plays the soul of jazz but he has his own ways of creating an atmosphere of more than just music. Mr.Willie had made his whole life about doing what you "know" is right and what you "think" is right. He has performed with many famous people but still he contined to do what he loved best. This taught me passion has no limits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say Death of Marat. Even though I do not like the painting personally it had a direct effect on the world. This painting was a painting of one of David's friends, after his death. It was painted by David to spread word of his friends death and spread a lust for vengeance in the people. This contributed to the fervor of the dark years of the revolution. Even though it wasn't the prettiest or most impressive it certainly was the most powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my most important work was one of my most deep and beautiful songs. That song is "Strange Fruit." I came out with "Strange Fruit" in 1939. This song is how I got "my first real audience!" My song really captured the emotion and pain people felt from racism. In my opinion because my song was so deep that it caught people's eye, and that's how I because the "star" I am today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It think the most important work that my artist made was Piano Quartet in G minor Opus 1. It was his first piece he composed at age 11. Most artist didnt even know to compose music by that age, let alone read. This piece was created because it was needed for the world to hear the young artist. Franz started to play piano as soon as possible. Although he was a artist in the making, he still needed the world to listening to his wonderful music that he first composed. It was the limelight of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I think the most important peice of art Joan Miró made was Aidez L' Espagne (Help Spain), 1937. At this time Spain was in the middle of a civil war and Miró created Help Spain to spread the news of Spain's crisis to other people and other countries asking for support. This art really shows Miró's love and dedication to his country, and he was able to use his talent to help support his cause. Miró created several posters similar to Help Spain. I really admire his dedication and investment in the arts and to his country.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I even became annoyed by myself, recognizing how repetitive I was when expressing her "well known" pieces. Everything I read or learned about with Ms. Barrett Browning, included her incredible love for Robert Browning that was deeply expressed in none other than, "Sonnets from the Portuguese." The book titles to a number of romantically centered poems, containing the acclaimed sonnet, "How Do I Love Thee." The passionate love towards her husband is expressed in many sources, but that simple gift to Robert, started a whole new generation of writing for her. Plus, it made an emotional impact and brand new ability. Years of her youth, she spent in sickness, and throughout her marriage, she traveled all throughout Europe which was especially rewarding in her artistic view of life. Also, the language does stand out for me the most due to its presence of beauty and grace, which gives me a terrific idea of Elizabeth's attitude towards life. Other remarkable ones are "Aurora Leigh" and "A Runaway Slave" because they illustrate her main beliefs on life that actually helped shift the lifestyle of women and African Americans into a promising future.

    T.G

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe my novel Pride and Prejudice should be the work of which I make a note of, though should I not say my other works were of flippant importance. Originally titled First Impressions, it is best known for narrating the love affair between Elizabeth Bennett and Mr. Darcy. After drafting under this title, I attempted to have it published. However its rejection had me to store it in private for the next ten years. It wasn't until after Sense and Sensibility was published with a stable success that I brought forth First Impressions and commenced editing. Thus the title was changed to Pride and Prejudice and I had it commissioned at my own expense. My publisher was proven wrong for thinking I could not retrieve what I'd paid, for actually it was a large profit. Its sell not only had several editions but was advertised as the "fashionable novel"! And to think it was written anonymously! People claimed that my later novels did not live up to the Pride and Prejudice expectations. Though should I not conform to these accusations, Pride and Prejudice for years to come would be a popular, classic, and noteworthy novel. I am most glad that I did not yield to rejection nor those who doubted its success.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel that the most single important piece of art my artist did was the wonderful book "Bliss." I loved this book a lot. It had many short stories and you could see her stlye in writing. Many comments I had on the page about her quote being so real and true, well when I read the book I felt the same. I just like how you can see a poetic form in her writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I beleive that my most improtant work would be "Oliver Twist". I was the first to write a story where the hero of the story was a child. I was the first to consiter a child a hero. At the time children were fetured in fariy tales. I was the first to use more then to pages to speak about a child. I revoltioized the style of writting with this novel. Sorry to speeek so highly of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My artist was an actress and didn't make anything of her own. In my opinion, I think her performance as Juliet when she was fourteen was the most important piece of work she performed. I think this is the most important because this was her first performance that started her entire acting career. After this, Eleonora traveled more with her father's acting company. Later in her life she started her own acting company and toured the world! I believe her performance of Juliet just triggered her desire to act.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel my artist's most best work was, Duke Ellington's song "It don't mean a thing. (If it ain't got that swing). Just because it, in my opinion was his most famous song. It got him a lot of attention and popularity. In this song especially, out of all his work because, it did show case the full-band and orchestra. Also, some of the players singing. In my opinion, I feel as though this hit, was a main reason he got the Grammy Lifetime Acheivement Award in 1966. To this day, wasn't that too long ago, but I hear that song a lot. Whether its a cover band, or an artist sampling his melody. I feel like to this day, its a really important song and artist in Jazz and Jazz history.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Hallelujah!" My masterpiece! Out of all the songs that I have composed, this has to be my best. It took a tremendous amount of time to figure out, but on one special day when I had locked myself in my room the whole day a miracle happened. The lord himself came to me. He helped me finish my, what seemed to be, never ending piece. Ever since I finished it it has become very widely know in todays society, so with that being said it is defiantly the single most important piece I ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well Faustina didn't really create anything by herself but Handel made a lot of pieces just for her! I think her most important piece made by Handel was when she worked in the Royal Academy of arts and did a performance with Cuzzoni. During this piece Faustina and Cuzzoni got into a fight. This led to a lot a publicity, helping Faustina get know around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite piece I did was "the fluter". I just love how simple the idea is, yet how defined the details are. I will never fully understand why. Also why would I want too? It's so much more pleasing to sit back and enjoy your work! That piece just stands out to me.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ira Aldridge's most important work was in 1806. Aldridge made history by playing in a Shakespearen play in Coburg theater of London as Othello. My person was alive during the Imperialism Era so racism and being prejudice was some of the big issues that happened during this era. To be able to play in a Shakespearen play was a big deal, so being African American and having the leading role is a lot if you ask me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. In my opinion the most important work by Kandinsy is this one.
    http://www.wassilykandinsky.net/work-28.php
    It is untitled (often called "First Abstract Watercolour"). This is the painting that is accredited as the very first abstract painting to be created. That is quite an accomplishment if you ask me! I think that his writings are of equal importance however. Because they contain the philosophy behind his paintings and the philosophy means more than the paintings themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sophie Tucker's most important work is most likely the song "Some of These Days" written by Shelton Brooks. It was her hit song and became the most famous of her works. It also promoted African American song writers and composers. Sophie Tucker was involved in the Vaudeville chain for years, but when she started singing and having her career on her own, thats what really made her "Sophie Tucker." Sophie also made albums of many of her songs, and One of the album titles was "Some of These Days."

    KLM1

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think that the most important piece done by Gustav Klimt was the Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer II. This being one of the most important pieces of art, in my opinion. This piece has a whole story behind it, and as do others but I found this story to be truly remarkable. This painting was one of 5 paintings stolen by the nazis from a well known Jewish family in Vienna during WWII. From the hands of Gustav to the hands of Adele then taken by the Nazis. This painting tells the story of how the last surviving inheritor of this family made legal history in her non-stop fight to get back their family's painting returned to them, which was the rightful place. It had become a focal-point in the fight for the damages of the art works. Why did the Nazis feel the urge to take such a beautiful piece away? They thought that if they took away the art and belongings away from people of the Jewish religion, it was taking away what was good to them, their family possessions, their traditions, their identity, all in in order for them to feel as if they were inferior or insignificant towards them. And after all of this, The portrait of Adele now remains in the Neue Galerie. Having all of this meaning, memory and history, this is why The portrait of adele is truly remarkable and in my opinion the most important.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well I would have to say Vernon Castle didn’t have a individual creation that was most important to him but multiple creations that where one. He created so many dances that I think without one another wouldn’t be as important, because there was so many of them, and styles. Also being known as a dancer I think his most important creation was all his dances. Without his dances, there might not have been any dances for the Ragtime, which his dances made Ragtime even bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Clementi doesn't really have titles for his pieces, but I like his sonatas best. They made music of his time evolve a lot and it was different then other composers of the time. He was very unique and had his own style.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The most important thing that Madam CJ Walker created was the Lelia College for Hair Culturists. Madam Walker was not only a hair care woman, she was an inspiration to many African American women. Not only did Mrs. Walker teach how to do hair, she helped African American women to feel more confident about themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The most important work Isadora Duncan created is her autobiography, My Life. She was a great example of someone becoming very successful in the dance world and facing many adversities in her lifetime. Hearing her story from a first person of view is very helpful to someone like myself trying to be successful in the dance world. Isadora Duncan was also frequently talked about in the press, so hearing about the events that took place in her life from her was very interesting. Reading her autobiography was also the most helpful resource for doing this project because it really helped me get a grasp on her personality.

    ReplyDelete
  24. There wasnt really a work that was created by my artist.My person was an actor. The main thing that i can say Clara fisher created was equality Clara Fisher faced many limitations. As a female actor many people didnt think she should be in the industry. So she crested hope for the millions of women across the world that wanted to be actors

    ReplyDelete
  25. The most important work Sarah Siddons participated in was most likely Macbeth. She was forever known as Lady Macbeth and was looked up to when other young women played her role. she made a great impact in the theater world and in her own world as well.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Firebird had to Be Stravansky's best piece. It was known as his 'breakthrough piece'. It's the one that got him famous, and known by many more people. Without it, he defiantly wouldn't be where he is today. It helped him become known, and gave him more options for performance. It got people to hire him to write pieces for their movies, ballets, ect. It's what made him famous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I feel that Lotte Lehmann's most important work was Der Rosenkavalier. This song really captured Lotte's passion for her art, and connected her to her audience on a more personal level. It is hard to pick a piece that is most important, but I feel that Der Rosenkavalier met the standards. When I listened to it, I got chills because of how this song made me think about Lotte's life. After knowing so much about her already, hearing a song that was so personal was incredible. You can tell that Lotte lived for her art. I am happy to have learned about such an inspiring artist. I've learned a lot about Lotte Lehmann, but also a lot about myself as an artist and person.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Since my artist is a dancer he really didnt create anything, more like made a type of dance in his own style,and performed in his own way.So i would have to say the most important thing he did was to become the first black man to dance on film with a white girl. After that he became more popular with the white audiences and that was a big step for a black performer.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My artist has had so many amazing roles and opportunities. So trying to pick the single most important work that Marina Semyonova created is quite hard.
    Marina has been the principal dancer in many different ballets, becoming many different characters. Some of the roles she played were annual, like Masha or the sugar plum fairy in The Nutcracker.
    But her best roles, I would say, are as Oddette/Odile in Swan Lake and as Princess Aurora in Sleeping Beauty. I feel this way because there is more documentation of these ballets and Marina herself felt very proud of these roles!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yeah! Luisa Tetrazzini is an opera singer and she did create but it wasn't a opera piece . She created something related to opera and that was "How To Sing". It's a book that taught people how to make it as a singer and how to better themselves as a singer. This book really reached out to those people that weren't able to talk to her in person. She was sort of like a personal teacher to those who bought the book. This is the greatest thing that she created because she got a chance to kind of help others get one more step closer to where they wanted to be as a opera singer.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I think the single most important work that my artist did was most definitely the Great Dictator. Not only did Charlie Chaplin make a spoof of current events going on and berated a horrible man he also really said something important in this monologue; "I'm sorry but I don't want to be an emperor. That's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Jew, Gentile, black men, white. We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each others' happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is room for everyone. And the good earth is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and beautiful, but we have lost the way. Greed has poisoned men's souls; has barricaded the world with hate; has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed. We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in. Machinery that gives abundance has left us in want. Our knowledge as made us cynical; our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost. The aeroplane and the radio have brought us closer together. The very nature of these things cries out for the goodness in man; cries out for universal brotherhood; for the unity of us all. Even now my voice is reaching millions throughout the world, millions of despairing men, women, and little children, victims of a system that makes men torture and imprison innocent people. To those who can hear me, I say "Do not despair." The misery that has come upon us is but the passing of greed, the bitterness of men who fear the way of human progress. The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish." I just think that is an extremely important film because he actually, while making an extremely funny comedic film, said something that really had substance and meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well, the most important work created by Pierre Beaumarchais was a set of three plays, The Figaro Trilogy. The plays in this trilogy are The Barber of Seville, The Marriage of Figaro, and The Guilty Mother. These plays are so important because not only they provide entertainment and social commentary to the people of Paris, but they also inspired some fabulous classical works in the opera form. Of the three plays, I think The Barber of Seville is the most important but that not much farther in importance from The Marriage of Figaro. These plays also are still performed in France today.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think Marie Salle's most important work or performance rather, was when she danced in the ballet of "Pygmalion". I say this because she came out on stage when she wasn't supposed to and danced someone else's part. This was very brave of her because she could have very well been fired from the opera house. I think the only thing stopping her from being fired was that the audience loved it! To me that is just a wonderful accomplishment. I mean, if I was her, I would have never done that. In fear of loosing my career.

    BAH6

    ReplyDelete
  34. In my opinion I love the Cecil Rhodes drawing. I like how it haves a really strong comparing to imperialism in Africa and how man actually has the power to control land. It really shows and tells the viewer what is happening in the picture and during that time. Plus, I really like how complex and detailed that drawing is. In my opinion, I think, out of all his drawings, this is the one that is the most informative of what the picture is really trying to show. Although it’s not a painting and full of colors, it’s colorful in it’s own way.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The most important thing that my artist invented was, the sewing machine of course. Although it made many tailors upset, it still was a very important invention. It made times (clothing wise) way easier, and it it used everyday to make clothes. Imagine a life where people couldn't just go to the store and buy clothing. And where you had to wear the same clothes over and over again. In reality, his machine has benefited all of us in many ways. I don't believe that there is anyone that has not worn clothing. His work is, and was truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. From personal experience, I have heard "The Entertainer" Far more than any of the others. (If I even had heard the others outside this project.) I've heard it from piano players, from games, and even the occasional ice cream truck. Besides that, while it may not be the nicest sounding one, it is the most calm and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  37. In my opinion the most important work my artist ever created was not published. The most important thing he did in his live was those first pieces he wrote as a child that defined him as a "revolutionary" composer. Those were the first times people told him that his work would not be accepted and that he needed to compose the normal way. I think that this is the time that effected him as an artist the most. I'm not sure what the public would say was his most important because I was not there. - John M. Bell 6

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think the Best thing my person may have done, was ave maria! it was a song used allot! and is still used today, It has good meaning to it, even tho its a little religiouse*(as you can tell im not because i cant spell it) But it really has some meaning and force behind it! So that would be it, ave maria young frau mild er here einer youngfrau flaien aus deisem fleshuntarumt veild, so meine gebetsudiet voohnen... I was doing that by memory but, it was in german ouviosly, but there it is!

    XSW 6
    42........

    ReplyDelete
  39. One of the most famous works my artist created is "Mother and Child". You can see it as my screen saver picture. Everyone can relate to that photo. Their was many different forms created of that picture. It was created in the mid 1940's. I was inspired myself by the photo. Its not real but you can see the emotions between the mother and child.

    ReplyDelete
  40. What I would believe was one of the single most important work by my artist was probably the portrait of “David Garrick”. Even though this is not my most favored painting she ever did, it was one that excelled her place as an artist. “David Garrick” was one of her first commissioned works. It was exhibited in the year of her arrival at "Mr. Moreing's great room in Maiden Lane." The rank of Lady Wentworth was given to Angelica after this exhibition, opening society to her. She was now everywhere well received, the royal family especially showing her great favor. So even though it wasn’t important in the sense of the world, it was important in becoming one of the Enlightenment Era’s finest female artists. (Bruce + Bobbie. "Angelica Kauffmann." http://hoocher.com/Angelika_Kauffmann/Angelica_Kauffmann.htm (accessed 4/27/11).)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Don Juan was very important to Lord Byron's success! It is known as his biggest masterpiece. He spent so much time and he worked very hard on it! He worked on it from 1818 to 1823. Many call it an Epic Satire, and it is a great piece of literature in history! It also helped open up the eyes of society at the time, because it was new and rebellious! It contains sixteen thousand lines of verse! It had sixteen cantos! Many criticized Byron for it, but he worked through it!

    ReplyDelete
  42. My favorite pieces by Millet would be The Gleaners. It was the first pieces I ever saw by my artist, months before I knew a thing about him! It is really a great master piece. Millets compositional and drafting skills are superb! His understanding of the artistic principles allowed him to create a seemingly perfect socially critical work. In this painting he beautifully combined his three great loves, landscapes social criticism, and the human form in one painting. It is by far his greatest work and his greatest contribution to the art world.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I would have to say the most important piece of Ms.Mercy Otis Warren is probably History of the Rise, Progress, and Termination of the American Revolution. This three volume piece is about the American Revolution and how she experienced it up close and personal. I feel this collection truly shows how Ms.Warren feels about everything that went on around her, during this time. I truly feel like this is the work that shows off her "Serious" side and her political side.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Voltaire was known to be a very straight-forward and controversial writer. He has had many known works but I believe his most well-known work was his book "Candide." This story has enjoyed both great success and great scandal. It is basically about a boy named Candide who is the illegimate nephew of a German baron. It tells about his life and the things he has to go through because of who he is and things he does. One of the most important themes was the hypocrisy of religon. This is not surprising due to the kind of writer Voltaire was and the reason he began writing. Another important theme was the corrupting power of money which is still a very heavy topic today.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think that Theda Bara's most important work was 'A Fool There Was'. For starters, it was the very first film she starred in. It jump started her career, and her performance was so captivating that it took her very far. Also, the fact that Theda took so much pride in it makes me feel like it was her greatest triumpth. It was the first film of its kind as well! It was a film about women empowerment, which was so new to the society at the time. It changed a lot of things in the world. The greater the impact, the greater the importance (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete
  46. The single most important work created by my artist, is music that people loved. the fact that she got named "The Queen of the blues. That is very important. She gave every thing she had from the time she was 14 till the day she died. Ma Rainey left this earth owning many media centers and home's. Her music was a work of art she dedicated her life to music. My favorite piece by her would be "Booze And Blues" (M. Rainey Recorded: New York , October 15 1924 'Ma' Rainey And Her Georgia Band Ma Rainey (vcl), Howard Scott). That piece is nice, lively and full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  47. In my opinion the single best work created by my artist would have to be the opera Tancrède. André Campra wrote Tancrède for my artist. It was all about greek mythology and in it she was a warrior, which fit her personality perfectly. Tancrède also dealt with a lot of love and tragedy. She played the part of a warrior so well that the opera house continued to show it numerous times. This was the first opera that had the lead roll an alto instead of a soprano. 
     

    ReplyDelete
  48. The most important work that Marie Hall created was her performances of 'The Lark Ascending'. This work was written by a very prominent composer, Ralph Vaughan Williams, especially for her to perform. Although he began writing it in 1914, he was delayed by the outbreak of WWI and not able to complete it until 1920. Marie first performed this work in 1921 at the Queen’s Hall in London with the British Symphony Orchestra. Unfortunately, there are no recordings of any of her performances, so we do not really know if current recordings were played in the same style that she used.

    ST6

    ReplyDelete
  49. Well... It is quite difficult for me name my most important peice of work. Any one who knows of me or the slightest thing about me, would know that i am know as the lost composer. All of my work is completly destroyed. So now that I am no longer composing or making any music, there is no way for anyone to ever carry out my name or my music. So I could never tell you what my favorite or in my opinion my favorite peice of work because all of my work has been lost unfortunately. I am more know for my presence and what I did in the music world. Not so much the music that I actually composed.

    ReplyDelete
  50. In my opinion my artists best work was the Harlequin Dance. Because it what really got her on the map. If it wasn't for that I'm not sure I would be here now discussing her with you now. It was also one of her greatest accomplishments. I mean in my opinion being named Englands first Ballerina must be a pretty big honor. Although I know I should be focusing on her acting accomplishments, seeing as I'm researching her as an actress. But I really think that the Harlquin Dance was her greatest accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The most important work created by my is her book British Algae: Cyanotype Impressions. It was a book made entirely of cyanotype prints. It used new photographic technology that was around at the time. I think that this is my artist's most important work because it is what made her popular. She used her interest in science and photography and combined them to create her book.

    ReplyDelete
  52. The single most important work created by my artist was the ballet La Sylphide. Her dad helped her choreograph it but she became the role. She danced it very beautifully and made it what it is today and what it has been for many years. This role made her most famous and she toured to many places performing it because it was her original ballet. The role was important to her because she made it what it was. It was her showcase role. That is why it was her most important work and her best work. It was the work she was best known for and most famous for.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Without a doubt the Burial at Ornans (A painting showing the burial of his grandfather). This work is actually credited with bringing down romanticism. To quote Courbet: "The Burial at Ornans was in reality the burial of Romanticism." The work also brought Courbet to great fame. People were Amazed by the fact that he had actually painted a 10 feet by 22 feet wide painting, as paintings like this were typically reserved for royal subjects. Courbet also didn't use actors for this picture, he used the actual mourners! This was revolutionary during that time! Along with this the mourners didn't have over-the-top weepy faces, rather they just had a regular, solemn, face. Again, this was revolutionary. This Painting DEFINES Courbet. As such this is THE most important work made by Courbet.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Z.B/B6: I think that the single most important work created by my artist would be "Forever Free". It made us really think about what it really ment. Made us wonder what it was ment to symbolize. One thing that people might automatically think is that it was to show the freedom of African Americans. Others have said that it in some way belittled women. The woman is positioned much lower than the man in the sculpture so that is were they might get that idea. The first possibility of what she was trying to symbolize is the most likely though.

    ReplyDelete
  55. the best thing King Oliver ever did was by far the formation of "king Oliver's creole jazz band" he had the best of the best with that group. he played many many tunes that made him very famous when he added Armstrong in 1922 he's group just made more and more great songs. this would not last though as Armstrong would leave the group in 1924 to start out on his own. oliver didn't blame him for leaving but the band fell apart soon after.

    ReplyDelete
  56. The most important work created by my artist I would have to say, hands down, is the daguerreotype. Without this invention Louis would have no "arts" carrear! This is the invention he created to capture image. Now he is a world renoun inventor.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I believe that the most important work that my artist created would be her hit song "My Man." This song made her well known and also well liked. I loved this song and all that creating it has done for her.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Submitted To GWCTD1: 5.6.2011.11:34PM By Haydn
    I think the single most important work created by Haydn would have to be The Creation. It is an Oratorio and I consider it his masterpiece. He wrote it in between 1796 and 1798. It is an amazing piece because it was inspired by God and his faith to him during writing the piece. It's beautiful and talks to me about the creation. It makes me see that. I'm not even religious and It makes me contemplate new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Realy the greatest thing my artist Joseph W. swan did was with the invention of the incandescent light bulb. One reason it was his greatest was bcause it was his first known invention to the world. Two he had made a light bulb based out of great britain, The same as Thomas Edison did for America.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Well technically I did not create the role but one of the most enormous and my personally favorite roles that I played that launched my success in Paris was the part of Ophelia in William Shakespeare' lovely production Hamlet composed by the brilliant Ambroise Thomas. The reasoning for this being some of my best work is because I worked with the best, Ambroise Thomas, I worked with him a great deal for recordings that I worked on prior to doing hamlet with Ambroise Thomas. In the production Hamlet Ophelia is the maiden in which Hamlet professes his love to. Though she is told by other's not to take him seriously because usually Prince's marriages are generally arranged. To play the part of Ophelia is such an honor. The best part of this play was all of the absurd drama that kept on going back and fourth between Hamlet, Ophelia, and Hamlet's Father, Mother, and uncle. The production was also stupendous because yours truly got the starring female role as Ophelia.

    ReplyDelete

Remember cyber-etiquette!