At first, I didn't think I would enjoy this project as much as I did. I seem to enjoy using electronic resources in research projects such as this one. Thank you very much for thinking up the idea of a blog. Now I can actually learn to use one of these "newfangled" sites.
This project was very entertaining and informative! It gave me a reason to keep reading about more artits too on the blog! I'm happy I learned alot about how each and every artist had different ways and paths they took on their journey through life. It's nice to learn about my artist and many others in a more updated way to get out more info on these wonderful inspiring people.
When this project began I did not think I would like it at all. Even though this project involved a lot of work I think that it still beats putting together a dull research paper (who likes doing those anyway?). I also think that it would be more interesting to do the project for more recent time periods. There are many artists who even in the last 50 years or so have had an incredible influence on the society and culture of today. I feel that we often do not learn enough about this. To do the project for more recent times could let us learn about the more influential artists of our time (or a little earlier). Besides that idea, I think that the project as is allows us to see how the artists of the past worked and compare it to how we, as artists ourselves, work. I think that at times it is inspirational.
I would like to thank you for introducing me to such a fantastic and entertaining artist. After seeing his work I have developed a genuine appreciation for neoclassical and Rococo styles of art. I now firmly believe that David is the most talented painter I've have ever seen.His use of color is on the verge of divine. This has really changed my opinion of visual art.
At first, I absolutely hated the idea of this project. I thought it was gonna be really bad and unorganized, with a large amount of confusion. Plus it was a research project which made it even worse. But once I picked the artist I wanted and researched him, I've learned a lot from his life. I didn't even know Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart had a son, let alone 6 children! Hahaha! Oh well, I went from not knowing anything from knowing a lot. I thank you for taking your time to make this blog for us. I really appreciate it!
When I first heard about this project, all I could think was "great another project I do not need!"Once we started working I loved the way we did it. (Piece by piece was very helpful for me to remember the information I needed. I feel it would have been more harder for me to remember the information if we did not do it this way. I think this project was very helpful with helping me learn history and even ourselfs! I feel this project was one of the best, even if it was a research project!
Of course, I loathed the idea of having to do another project, but I should have expected as much being a freshman in high school. From the moment you explained the idea of the project, I didn't loathe it so much anymore. The idea is incredibly unique and what a clever way to lure kids to do research assignment--blogging in the voice of an artist like a typical tweet or Facebook message. And I've learned a lot more than I have on past research projects. I feel like I'm an Elizabeth Browning expert now. My sister was even assigned to do a report on this famous English poet for her school, as well! I felt awesome knowing I was a major source for her assignment :) I'll admit, the process of the interview was a little pesky, but it's worth reading it afterwards, knowing you did a good job. I would choose this style of research over the typical seven paragraphs on a blank sheet any time.
I really enjoyed this project. I learned even more about other Era's and artist. I saw better views of all our majors expressed by the artists at work. I feel I even learned how to be a good interviewer! That's good for when I become famous! It showed me where I really stand with my major and what I want to do in life. I wish we could do this with every class. We would totally learn a lot.
At first, I thought this project would be WAY to much work. Especially the interview of the artist. But I felt like I had to do my absolute best on this project. When I got grades back on steps where notes said I missed a couple things, I really wanted to go and fix it right then! This was the first project I've had that made me feel absolutely amazing after I finished. Accomplishing everything and showing my knowledge and showing other people was just such a great feeling! I really enjoyed this project. It was a lot of hard work but very much worth the feeling of accomplishment.
I just want to sat that I enjoyed the project a lot more than I thought I would. I liked looking into Charles Dickens and the Industrial Era. And I would have to say that I would much rather "be" the person I am writing about and not just talk about them. But thats my writer coming out again. I just ant to say that I really like this project. And I kidda want to say Thank You to Ms. Andreadis for doing this. But of corse that me being stupid and emothional. So thanks.
Oh boy! Well, it was a lot of work but very much worth it. While at the time each tedious step overwhelmed me, in the end every procedure was needed and just made the final piece cleaner. And what an interesting original idea, right? Who would've thought of blogging as the voice of an artist from the past? It was not only entertaining to hear the other artists but to learn about my own, which I didn't know much about. I can finally say I know who Jane Austen is; actually, I know her quite well. I portrayed her in a blog for school! The ending results were really nice, I learned another style and voice in literature, and another process in researching. It's also public viewing so that's pretty cool. Portraying another person of my field has even driven my passion for my art even more. My appreciation to everyone who contributed and participated! AP1
At first I thought this project was going to be boring but once we started getting assignments with it it became fun!! I think you should really convice other teachers to do things more like this because it gets our attention in a way to were its not just some boring 5-7 research paper we are actually involved. It is a lot of work but with us beeing AA students it kind of pushes us to do better and actually AA work.
When I first herd "Blog project" I was like ughhhhhhh. But seriously it has turned out way better than I had ever expected. I really could connect to George Frideric Handel and in the end i actually was inspired.
I really enjoyed this format. It made it much more interesting embodying the character of the artist. It became much more personal and important. I also greatly enjoyed studying Kandinsky. When I began researching him I had no idea I was getting into. His art comes in two parts, the physical and the philosophical. It was a lot of work but it was fascinating! I feel like I have learned a lot about visual arts, as well as art in general and just everyday life by studying him and his theories.
I think that the format of this project was a really good way for us to learn about both our artist and the era of our artists work. I could really see how connected the work of our artist and the era was. It made me invest time and effort and I enjoyed it. Overall, I think this project was a success! I can see myself doing this again in the near future. I liked the idea of doing a project online and that it was displayed for the public. It made me more aware of my comments and work. Again, I think this format was the key to the project.
I feel like my artist has some really dark deep secrets that of course has not been written about. I wish I could really get deep into my artists life but Gustav was such a modest person. He only believed that if you took a chance to see his artwork, that it explained anything you needed to know about him.
Thanks, this project has exposed us to collegiate level type questions and what we might do in college as you said, Ms. A. I was excited to do this project even though this was long and time consuming, I think it was worth it. Its a new, intuitive, innovative to say outlook and new advanced way of doing projects. This will give us experience for projects like this. A new way of being a character, to chat with other people, that techniquily you don't know and learning about them through discussions, artifacts, and basically through a biography, taken form true facts and re-writen by students, channeling a persona. What a whurl-wind project, now I can make my own blog now! Thank you.
I think this project was a good oppertunity. It got you thinking in a different perspective as well as allowing us to look stuff up on an artist of our major. This also taught us more about the internet and how to work it. I think it was a lot better then doing a research paper
I LOVED THE PROJECT!!! IT WAS AMAZING. I FEEL THAT THIS IS GOING TO PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE. It helped my with my research skills and also with my responsibility as a student here at S.C.P.A
i felt this project made me understand my art more. to learn how other people in a completely different time feel the same was as i do now about life and my outlook on acting.
This project was a great experience, I think. I have never done anything like this before, and I don't know if I will ever have the chance to again. I kinda dreaded getting on every night to do it, but when I started I ended up getting it all done because I started to really get into it. I never thought it would be this much fun. I really wish I could have gotten more into the discussion questions, because I would have really enjoyed myself.
At first, I didn't think I would enjoy this project at all. I expected to slack off, and not put much effort into this. But when I started to find out some interesting things about my artist, my mind was changed completely. I never thought a research project would be so fun! I've enjoyed every Google search, post, and comment. I also greatly enjoyed the interview. This was a part of the project I was especially worried about. But once I committed to the project and started getting interested enough, I had a wonderful time writing it. And it was also very exciting when I got the grade for my interview back. I felt so extremely accomplished. I hadn't felt that proud of a project. When I go home, the first thing I talk about is this blog! I tell family members about it, friends from other schools, and many others. I'm so glad that I can tell them where to look to see some of my work. It's great that this whole project is at anyones fingertips. I've enjoyed every part of this project, and I'm glad I got the chance to experience it!
In the beginning I was mega skeptical about this project. I thought that it was gonna end up like the Titanic, sunk. I started becoming a lot more interested though when we had to do the interview and when I had to start learning about Charlie Chaplin's life. After I read his biography and saw how amazing of a person he was I instantly became more interested. I started reading more about him and I started to try even harder to get in character with him. By the end I think I truly had a good time and I really learned something.
This project was a good way to introduce students to using the internet for school. We learned skills I'm sure we will use through the rest of high school and college. It was an interesting way to teach us about history through the arts. The project really caught our interest because of our arts backgrounds, and it was a fun way to study history. I know we did not only learn about history, but also about the arts majors we are studying at S.C.P.A.
Z.B/B6: I, overall, thought that this was a great project to do. It was actually fun to act like someone else. When you really think about it, we've done more in this project than we would have in a regular report. In a regular report, we would have just talked about when they were born, what their life was like, and when they died. That's not fun at all! This allowed us to go deeper into the artists life and puts us into their shoes.( Doing this project helped me learn to type faster!)
This project helped me learn new artists, and learn more about others. It helped me learn about my artist. It also just Helped me realize life in my era. It was a fun project and I would do it again. MF
I think that the research was the hardest part. But it all paid off in the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this process and th steps it took to do this.
When we first started this project, i really didnt see the point; Now i see the meaning. We got to learn about people that we probably wouldnt even had researched. It also gave us a chance to connect with our peers day by day as we became excited about the project and what was going to be the next step. I got to learn about other artist and what they had to go through growing up. I went further than research, i studied my artist and tried to get in the mind of him. This project really helped me grow.
I think this project was a great way of connecting our arts with our academics, which is one of the reasons I came to S.C.P.A.! I also enjoyed doing this project, it put a different, more fun, spin on academic projects! It also helped me with my research skills, I learned how to take a simple idea, and turn it into a character!
This project had definitely helped me to realize some of my communication problems. As well as how my self destructive arrogance can really screw me over! I certainly improved my typing skills, and email communication. I have improved my computer literacy and my understanding of blogging.
Well, I have to say I am flabbergasted, I shockingly fancied this project. To be frank, at first I kind of dreaded it. I basically just wanted to get it over with and get a good grade. Then it happened, I developed an addiction, I couldn’t cease! One day I attempted to sign on to my Facebook. To my astonishment, when I beheld my screen, just moments afterwards, I found myself composing a comment on Franz’s Ave Maria. If that isn’t pathetic enough, oh boy, do I have a story for you. Monday May 2, 2011 I came home at 5:00 till 10:49, except the 30 minutes for dinner, I worked solely on my blog. Comments, discussions, interviews, artifacts, BLOGS!!! When I get home, before I go to sleep, and first thing in the morning I will check for comments on my blog, on discussions, even comments I made other peoples blogs! Oh, I have lost my mind, I forgot the best part. I do all this while I listen to the songs by the people in my era or songs writers in my era inspired. Overall I have to say I actually very much enjoyed this project. Yes, what else can this phatic little blogger say? Well I have to tell this “Other Comments” that if you added up all the times I used a thesaurus in my lifetime, it will never add up to the number of times I used a thesaurus during this blog project. I wanted my postings to actually sound like I wasn’t the one who wrote the words that composed my blog. Almost every word I wrote went through the thesaurus to find a higher vocabulary I would never dream of. Now I am continuously using it (which is not necessary a bad thing). I mean flabbergasted, fancied, and beheld? I know the words but they were not the first things that popped into my head. One last thing that I have to say before I am through. I never would have guessed that I would know so many people, and their pieces, in my era. Franz Shubert’s Ave Maria and Serenade! Do I really need to go into that? Then Pierre Beaumarchais’s play inspired some of my favorite songs, The Barber of Seville! I have this recollection of a Looney Tunes episode I was obsessed with as a little girl. It was Bugs and Elmer, and they stumbled onto the set of The Barber of Seville. The curtain came up and they did their foolishness to the overture. To see these childhood song obsessions on my history homework was dumbfounding. Surprisingly, I was also familiar with the paintings by David. I was looking through his artifacts and found several that I identified rather quickly. I couldn’t recall ever hearing his name before but I knew some of his works like the back of my hand. Then there was George Frideric Handel … I promise this is my last story! Okay so Urbana, IL is a rather small town. My grandpa was good friends with this man who collected A LOT! He didn’t collect gunk or was a hoarder or anything but had rooms filled with records, art pieces, over all treasures. His house was filled with collections rounding up to the billions in worth. When he had passed away the room full of records was donated to the University of Illinois. Because of that collection, the University of Illinois is now the home for the largest record collection in the world (all the records in the university’s collection were only from the donated collection)! Out of all those records, artist, and songs my grandfather’s friend’s favorite artist was Handel. He even had this little statue of Handel on a horse. Out of all of his things he had and collected that statue was that man’s favorite. Since the man and my grandfather were such good friends the family, they allowed my grandpa to have one thing from the collection. Instead of having something worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars, every time I walk into my grandparent’s home I see it. It was so wonderful to learn about an artist that means so much to my family. I cannot thank the student who created the blog enough for that knowledge. So this is the end…Good bye. Angelica I will miss you!
I was looking at this project as just another project, but I’ve learned more then I usually do. I mostly am glad I learned who Vernon Castle was, which was the first Fred Astaire. Also other people that were artist, who wrote this song, who painted this painting, so on. This project was a good and educational project, and was a smart way to learn about places, times, and people by letting us relate to it (internet, art, interaction with people we know, and so on).
I would like to say to everyone, superb job! Though I have not read them all, I'm sure they were all as great as the ones I have read! But *cough cough*, Revolutionary was simply the BEST!! To Ms. Andreadis, I commend you for coming up with such an engaging and insightful project. I enjoyed myself. I say that we turn this online "dinner" into a real-live dinner?? Anyone else down?? Haha. But seriously, I did enjoy this project and basically following the life of a very famous artist. It was great learning lots of new things but honestly, I'm glad that it's over!!!! Haha. Until next time...
I really don’t have any comments other than that I enjoyed reading and learning about my artist. I loved being able to be in her shoes and think the way I thought she would have thought. I also loved that I got the chance to learn and read about all of the other wonderful artists in my era. I am so happy that our class got to do this blog project even though we are not AA. This was an amazing learning experience.
In the beginning, way back in the before time (when we were just learning about this project), I was not very enthusiastic about what this project. But, the more I did, the more I got into it. I learned things not only about my artist's era, but also I learned things about myself through this project. I had so much fun and I'm sad that it is ending! Well, there isn't much more to say other than a bittersweet goodbye!!! <3
I think this was a great way to do a group project. It was a good way to learn from the other student's contributions to the project and combine that information with the work that I contributed.
I found this project very challenging and interesting but I feel that all my hard work and time that I put into this was all worth it. I had so much fun and learned so much, not just my person but every other artist and the different Era. I am so glad that I had this experience and opportunity to learn about all these people and all the great and lively times in history, the way i did. Thank you for that!
I really liked this project! It was fun to learn how to make my own blog (I might even need to use it in the future). Plus, communicating with other people and criticizing their work taught me not only how to talk back and forth with others but how to take criticism from other people and how to judge artists and their work. I know that that will come in handy in my future profession! Thanks!
First I would like to say... EVERY ONE DID SUCH A GREAT AND FANTASTIC JOB! I am slighty amazed by the work I am seeing! When I first heard of the project I didn't know what to say. I was so quick to assume that I would dread the whole thing. But i am happy to say that I enjoyed every minute of working on this. I think this prpared us for a lot of work that we will soon have to work on in furthuring our education and depending on the path we take, this may play a huge role in our career. I enjoyed working on the project sooo very much. But I also loved reading everyone elses too! So sad to say it coming to an end.
I liked this project. More specifically, I like the social aspect of this. Getting people to pull of a blog project like this is pretty difficult, but I think we pulled it off with our good ol' SCPA spirit! I'm really quite impressed that SIXTY-SIX people managed to do something like this WITHOUT organizing themselves in real life- just pure online communication. So thanks to ALL the social studies students that were involved in this project- whomever you may be! As Courbet would say: Au Revoir!
Wow this project has been some much work! But through it I found out that, I'm not the best at online interactions. I don't know how to explain myself fully through typing. But I did the best I could. But I enjoyed the talks that all the eras had. Everyone got really into their character. I loved talking In the voice of Hester Booth. To me, it helped me become a better actress, I think. I really loved getting into character everytime I got on the blog. It was so much fun. But I feel like I really connected with Hester. LIke I said in one of ther other questions, I feel like I became really good friends with her. I'm going to be sad to see her go. It feels like a part of me is leaving now. She was such a huge part of my everyday life for so long. I will miss her lots.
When I first heard about a research project, I thought to myself, "Great! A big project that I can procrastinate and at the last minute throw something together." But the blog project was reasonably fun. To comment as a funny, beaten down, bald guy was extremely interesting. And it wasn't as much work as I thought.
Well for starters I just would like to thak all of you for the lovely interviews and all the sparkle and shine on your blogs. I truly appreciate all the effort in to it just so a bunch of secret artist can look at it and cratice you. I think very highly of you all and this project was quite a time! Good job everyone!
When you first told us that we were gonna be doing this project i thought OMG! here's another stupid project. I thought i would hate the research, and I did hate some of it, but I actually found the rest of the research very interesting. I actually got to learn about this ancient person I never knew existed. I would say my favorite part of this project was the part when we had to make a interview. I loved making up the person's personality and creating answers based on research. I'm proud to say I actually enjoyed a research project! ( Most of it anyway.) Oh! I also liked doing the reflection too, I like this part that I'm doing right now too, creating extra comments and stuff (Oh Yeah haha). Loved It Darling! But I am glad that it's over because I have another project to finish, just in time.
This project has been a different kind of learning experience. Usually for a research project we just slap something together, half done, and don't put a lot into it and don't take much out. But this blog project required you to learn and it turned out being fun. We not only got to learn about fascinating people but about the time period they lived and created art in. We actually became our artists and we learned more than just about there lives and the time period but some life lessons as well. And hopefully it inspired everyone else as it did me to do more with my art and try hard and maybe one day in the future some kid will be doing a research blog project on the hologram computer and it will be on you. Good job everyone and Thank you Mrs. Andreadis.
I loved doing this project! It was really cool to get outside of the traditional research project, and do something interesting while learning. I had a lot of fun bringing my arstist to life as well. Creating a profile and taking up the role of my artist was so surreal to me. It was nice to see how this project really developed as a unit. The whole thing is a really spectacular!
In the long run im glad I did the project. Im glad that we all got to participate in the project. Even though this comment is late by a day and probaly wont count,I hope everyone at least learned something.Im happy I got to share my thoughts on this project, I know this was a struggle for me (the whole instructions thing) But I appreciate Ms. Andreadas for sticking with me for all the times I messed up. Im very thankfull our class got to participate in what many could not.
Yes! I would like to say how much I enjoyed seeing what other artists from different categories were like! Like I have stated before some were simply brilliant and others were simply boring! Though the boring bunch can not help the fact that they were boring they were born that way and they can't change thing about it! Haha goodness I'm sorry but that all just needed to come out! At the end of this project it was simply fantastic but I have one criticism! I just wish some of the people who have two major's could pick one major over the other, and then pick what era would be best for their major. Like myself I play the saxophone and I fancy it more over singing because I feel that I am better at it. Singing and the saxophone is something I am really passionate about but the saxophone wasn't invented till the late 1800’s which was the end of the Industrialization era when there were no female saxophonists. Therefore I was not able to do the project on a person who I truly wanted to research. That is my only criticism, other than that the project was pretty cool. Being someone else for a change and where a majority of the people don't know who you are is pretty interesting and keeps you guessing!
At first, I didn't think I would enjoy this project as much as I did. I seem to enjoy using electronic resources in research projects such as this one. Thank you very much for thinking up the idea of a blog. Now I can actually learn to use one of these "newfangled" sites.
ReplyDeletese1
This project was very entertaining and informative! It gave me a reason to keep reading about more artits too on the blog! I'm happy I learned alot about how each and every artist had different ways and paths they took on their journey through life. It's nice to learn about my artist and many others in a more updated way to get out more info on these wonderful inspiring people.
ReplyDeleteWhen this project began I did not think I would like it at all. Even though this project involved a lot of work I think that it still beats putting together a dull research paper (who likes doing those anyway?). I also think that it would be more interesting to do the project for more recent time periods. There are many artists who even in the last 50 years or so have had an incredible influence on the society and culture of today. I feel that we often do not learn enough about this. To do the project for more recent times could let us learn about the more influential artists of our time (or a little earlier). Besides that idea, I think that the project as is allows us to see how the artists of the past worked and compare it to how we, as artists ourselves, work. I think that at times it is inspirational.
ReplyDeleteI would like to thank you for introducing me to such a fantastic and entertaining artist. After seeing his work I have developed a genuine appreciation for neoclassical and Rococo styles of art. I now firmly believe that David is the most talented painter I've have ever seen.His use of color is on the verge of divine. This has really changed my opinion of visual art.
ReplyDeleteAt first, I absolutely hated the idea of this project. I thought it was gonna be really bad and unorganized, with a large amount of confusion. Plus it was a research project which made it even worse. But once I picked the artist I wanted and researched him, I've learned a lot from his life. I didn't even know Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart had a son, let alone 6 children! Hahaha! Oh well, I went from not knowing anything from knowing a lot. I thank you for taking your time to make this blog for us. I really appreciate it!
ReplyDeleteWhen I first heard about this project, all I could think was "great another project I do not need!"Once we started working I loved the way we did it. (Piece by piece was very helpful for me to remember the information I needed. I feel it would have been more harder for me to remember the information if we did not do it this way. I think this project was very helpful with helping me learn history and even ourselfs! I feel this project was one of the best, even if it was a research project!
ReplyDeleteOf course, I loathed the idea of having to do another project, but I should have expected as much being a freshman in high school. From the moment you explained the idea of the project, I didn't loathe it so much anymore. The idea is incredibly unique and what a clever way to lure kids to do research assignment--blogging in the voice of an artist like a typical tweet or Facebook message. And I've learned a lot more than I have on past research projects. I feel like I'm an Elizabeth Browning expert now. My sister was even assigned to do a report on this famous English poet for her school, as well! I felt awesome knowing I was a major source for her assignment :) I'll admit, the process of the interview was a little pesky, but it's worth reading it afterwards, knowing you did a good job. I would choose this style of research over the typical seven paragraphs on a blank sheet any time.
ReplyDeleteT.G
I really enjoyed this project. I learned even more about other Era's and artist. I saw better views of all our majors expressed by the artists at work. I feel I even learned how to be a good interviewer! That's good for when I become famous! It showed me where I really stand with my major and what I want to do in life. I wish we could do this with every class. We would totally learn a lot.
ReplyDeleteAt first, I thought this project would be WAY to much work. Especially the interview of the artist. But I felt like I had to do my absolute best on this project. When I got grades back on steps where notes said I missed a couple things, I really wanted to go and fix it right then! This was the first project I've had that made me feel absolutely amazing after I finished. Accomplishing everything and showing my knowledge and showing other people was just such a great feeling! I really enjoyed this project. It was a lot of hard work but very much worth the feeling of accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteI just want to sat that I enjoyed the project a lot more than I thought I would. I liked looking into Charles Dickens and the Industrial Era. And I would have to say that I would much rather "be" the person I am writing about and not just talk about them. But thats my writer coming out again. I just ant to say that I really like this project. And I kidda want to say Thank You to Ms. Andreadis for doing this. But of corse that me being stupid and emothional. So thanks.
ReplyDeleteOh boy! Well, it was a lot of work but very much worth it. While at the time each tedious step overwhelmed me, in the end every procedure was needed and just made the final piece cleaner. And what an interesting original idea, right? Who would've thought of blogging as the voice of an artist from the past? It was not only entertaining to hear the other artists but to learn about my own, which I didn't know much about. I can finally say I know who Jane Austen is; actually, I know her quite well. I portrayed her in a blog for school! The ending results were really nice, I learned another style and voice in literature, and another process in researching. It's also public viewing so that's pretty cool. Portraying another person of my field has even driven my passion for my art even more. My appreciation to everyone who contributed and participated!
ReplyDeleteAP1
Oh and by the way, who else wants to look at the other eras and talk to other artists even though this project is over? I know I want to!
ReplyDeleteI thought it really pushed me to get it done and be committed to the progect
ReplyDeleteAt first I thought this project was going to be boring but once we started getting assignments with it it became fun!! I think you should really convice other teachers to do things more like this because it gets our attention in a way to were its not just some boring 5-7 research paper we are actually involved. It is a lot of work but with us beeing AA students it kind of pushes us to do better and actually AA work.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first herd "Blog project" I was like ughhhhhhh. But seriously it has turned out way better than I had ever expected. I really could connect to George Frideric Handel and in the end i actually was inspired.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this format. It made it much more interesting embodying the character of the artist. It became much more personal and important. I also greatly enjoyed studying Kandinsky. When I began researching him I had no idea I was getting into. His art comes in two parts, the physical and the philosophical. It was a lot of work but it was fascinating! I feel like I have learned a lot about visual arts, as well as art in general and just everyday life by studying him and his theories.
ReplyDeleteI think that the format of this project was a really good way for us to learn about both our artist and the era of our artists work. I could really see how connected the work of our artist and the era was. It made me invest time and effort and I enjoyed it. Overall, I think this project was a success! I can see myself doing this again in the near future. I liked the idea of doing a project online and that it was displayed for the public. It made me more aware of my comments and work. Again, I think this format was the key to the project.
ReplyDeleteI feel like my artist has some really dark deep secrets that of course has not been written about. I wish I could really get deep into my artists life but Gustav was such a modest person. He only believed that if you took a chance to see his artwork, that it explained anything you needed to know about him.
ReplyDeleteThanks, this project has exposed us to collegiate level type questions and what we might do in college as you said, Ms. A. I was excited to do this project even though this was long and time consuming, I think it was worth it. Its a new, intuitive, innovative to say outlook and new advanced way of doing projects. This will give us experience for projects like this. A new way of being a character, to chat with other people, that techniquily you don't know and learning about them through discussions, artifacts, and basically through a biography, taken form true facts and re-writen by students, channeling a persona. What a whurl-wind project, now I can make my own blog now! Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI think this project was a good oppertunity. It got you thinking in a different perspective as well as allowing us to look stuff up on an artist of our major. This also taught us more about the internet and how to work it. I think it was a lot better then doing a research paper
ReplyDeleteI LOVED THE PROJECT!!! IT WAS AMAZING. I FEEL THAT THIS IS GOING TO PREPARE ME FOR COLLEGE. It helped my with my research skills and also with my responsibility as a student here at S.C.P.A
ReplyDeletei felt this project made me understand my art more. to learn how other people in a completely different time feel the same was as i do now about life and my outlook on acting.
ReplyDeleteThis project was a great experience, I think. I have never done anything like this before, and I don't know if I will ever have the chance to again. I kinda dreaded getting on every night to do it, but when I started I ended up getting it all done because I started to really get into it. I never thought it would be this much fun. I really wish I could have gotten more into the discussion questions, because I would have really enjoyed myself.
ReplyDeleteAt first, I didn't think I would enjoy this project at all. I expected to slack off, and not put much effort into this. But when I started to find out some interesting things about my artist, my mind was changed completely. I never thought a research project would be so fun! I've enjoyed every Google search, post, and comment. I also greatly enjoyed the interview. This was a part of the project I was especially worried about. But once I committed to the project and started getting interested enough, I had a wonderful time writing it. And it was also very exciting when I got the grade for my interview back. I felt so extremely accomplished. I hadn't felt that proud of a project. When I go home, the first thing I talk about is this blog! I tell family members about it, friends from other schools, and many others. I'm so glad that I can tell them where to look to see some of my work. It's great that this whole project is at anyones fingertips. I've enjoyed every part of this project, and I'm glad I got the chance to experience it!
ReplyDeleteIn the beginning I was mega skeptical about this project. I thought that it was gonna end up like the Titanic, sunk. I started becoming a lot more interested though when we had to do the interview and when I had to start learning about Charlie Chaplin's life. After I read his biography and saw how amazing of a person he was I instantly became more interested. I started reading more about him and I started to try even harder to get in character with him. By the end I think I truly had a good time and I really learned something.
ReplyDeleteThis project was a good way to introduce students to using the internet for school. We learned skills I'm sure we will use through the rest of high school and college. It was an interesting way to teach us about history through the arts. The project really caught our interest because of our arts backgrounds, and it was a fun way to study history. I know we did not only learn about history, but also about the arts majors we are studying at S.C.P.A.
ReplyDeleteZ.B/B6: I, overall, thought that this was a great project to do. It was actually fun to act like someone else. When you really think about it, we've done more in this project than we would have in a regular report. In a regular report, we would have just talked about when they were born, what their life was like, and when they died. That's not fun at all! This allowed us to go deeper into the artists life and puts us into their shoes.( Doing this project helped me learn to type faster!)
ReplyDeleteThis project helped me learn new artists, and learn more about others. It helped me learn about my artist. It also just Helped me realize life in my era. It was a fun project and I would do it again.
ReplyDeleteMF
I really enjoyed this project, especially the discussions.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the wonderful experience Ms. Andreadis!
I think that the research was the hardest part. But it all paid off in the end. Overall, I really enjoyed this process and th steps it took to do this.
ReplyDeleteBAH6
When we first started this project, i really didnt see the point; Now i see the meaning. We got to learn about people that we probably wouldnt even had researched. It also gave us a chance to connect with our peers day by day as we became excited about the project and what was going to be the next step. I got to learn about other artist and what they had to go through growing up. I went further than research, i studied my artist and tried to get in the mind of him. This project really helped me grow.
ReplyDeleteI think this project was a great way of connecting our arts with our academics, which is one of the reasons I came to S.C.P.A.! I also enjoyed doing this project, it put a different, more fun, spin on academic projects! It also helped me with my research skills, I learned how to take a simple idea, and turn it into a character!
ReplyDelete"I have nothing more to say to you!" - John M. Bell 6
ReplyDeleteThis project had definitely helped me to realize some of my communication problems. As well as how my self destructive arrogance can really screw me over! I certainly improved my typing skills, and email communication. I have improved my computer literacy and my understanding of blogging.
ReplyDeleteWell, I have to say I am flabbergasted, I shockingly fancied this project. To be frank, at first I kind of dreaded it. I basically just wanted to get it over with and get a good grade. Then it happened, I developed an addiction, I couldn’t cease! One day I attempted to sign on to my Facebook. To my astonishment, when I beheld my screen, just moments afterwards, I found myself composing a comment on Franz’s Ave Maria. If that isn’t pathetic enough, oh boy, do I have a story for you. Monday May 2, 2011 I came home at 5:00 till 10:49, except the 30 minutes for dinner, I worked solely on my blog. Comments, discussions, interviews, artifacts, BLOGS!!! When I get home, before I go to sleep, and first thing in the morning I will check for comments on my blog, on discussions, even comments I made other peoples blogs! Oh, I have lost my mind, I forgot the best part. I do all this while I listen to the songs by the people in my era or songs writers in my era inspired. Overall I have to say I actually very much enjoyed this project.
ReplyDeleteYes, what else can this phatic little blogger say? Well I have to tell this “Other Comments” that if you added up all the times I used a thesaurus in my lifetime, it will never add up to the number of times I used a thesaurus during this blog project. I wanted my postings to actually sound like I wasn’t the one who wrote the words that composed my blog. Almost every word I wrote went through the thesaurus to find a higher vocabulary I would never dream of. Now I am continuously using it (which is not necessary a bad thing). I mean flabbergasted, fancied, and beheld? I know the words but they were not the first things that popped into my head.
One last thing that I have to say before I am through. I never would have guessed that I would know so many people, and their pieces, in my era. Franz Shubert’s Ave Maria and Serenade! Do I really need to go into that? Then Pierre Beaumarchais’s play inspired some of my favorite songs, The Barber of Seville! I have this recollection of a Looney Tunes episode I was obsessed with as a little girl. It was Bugs and Elmer, and they stumbled onto the set of The Barber of Seville. The curtain came up and they did their foolishness to the overture. To see these childhood song obsessions on my history homework was dumbfounding. Surprisingly, I was also familiar with the paintings by David. I was looking through his artifacts and found several that I identified rather quickly. I couldn’t recall ever hearing his name before but I knew some of his works like the back of my hand. Then there was George Frideric Handel … I promise this is my last story! Okay so Urbana, IL is a rather small town. My grandpa was good friends with this man who collected A LOT! He didn’t collect gunk or was a hoarder or anything but had rooms filled with records, art pieces, over all treasures. His house was filled with collections rounding up to the billions in worth. When he had passed away the room full of records was donated to the University of Illinois. Because of that collection, the University of Illinois is now the home for the largest record collection in the world (all the records in the university’s collection were only from the donated collection)! Out of all those records, artist, and songs my grandfather’s friend’s favorite artist was Handel. He even had this little statue of Handel on a horse. Out of all of his things he had and collected that statue was that man’s favorite. Since the man and my grandfather were such good friends the family, they allowed my grandpa to have one thing from the collection. Instead of having something worth hundreds or even thousands of dollars, every time I walk into my grandparent’s home I see it. It was so wonderful to learn about an artist that means so much to my family. I cannot thank the student who created the blog enough for that knowledge.
So this is the end…Good bye. Angelica I will miss you!
I have nothing more to say.
ReplyDeleteI was looking at this project as just another project, but I’ve learned more then I usually do. I mostly am glad I learned who Vernon Castle was, which was the first Fred Astaire. Also other people that were artist, who wrote this song, who painted this painting, so on. This project was a good and educational project, and was a smart way to learn about places, times, and people by letting us relate to it (internet, art, interaction with people we know, and so on).
ReplyDeleteI would like to say to everyone, superb job! Though I have not read them all, I'm sure they were all as great as the ones I have read! But *cough cough*, Revolutionary was simply the BEST!! To Ms. Andreadis, I commend you for coming up with such an engaging and insightful project. I enjoyed myself. I say that we turn this online "dinner" into a real-live dinner?? Anyone else down?? Haha. But seriously, I did enjoy this project and basically following the life of a very famous artist. It was great learning lots of new things but honestly, I'm glad that it's over!!!! Haha. Until next time...
ReplyDeleteI really don’t have any comments other than that I enjoyed reading and learning about my artist. I loved being able to be in her shoes and think the way I thought she would have thought. I also loved that I got the chance to learn and read about all of the other wonderful artists in my era. I am so happy that our class got to do this blog project even though we are not AA. This was an amazing learning experience.
ReplyDeleteIn the beginning, way back in the before time (when we were just learning about this project), I was not very enthusiastic about what this project. But, the more I did, the more I got into it.
ReplyDeleteI learned things not only about my artist's era, but also I learned things about myself through this project. I had so much fun and I'm sad that it is ending!
Well, there isn't much more to say other than a bittersweet goodbye!!!
<3
I think this was a great way to do a group project. It was a good way to learn from the other student's contributions to the project and combine that information with the work that I contributed.
ReplyDeleteST6
I found this project very challenging and interesting but I feel that all my hard work and time that I put into this was all worth it. I had so much fun and learned so much, not just my person but every other artist and the different Era. I am so glad that I had this experience and opportunity to learn about all these people and all the great and lively times in history, the way i did. Thank you for that!
ReplyDeleteI really liked this project! It was fun to learn how to make my own blog (I might even need to use it in the future). Plus, communicating with other people and criticizing their work taught me not only how to talk back and forth with others but how to take criticism from other people and how to judge artists and their work. I know that that will come in handy in my future profession! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteFirst I would like to say... EVERY ONE DID SUCH A GREAT AND FANTASTIC JOB! I am slighty amazed by the work I am seeing! When I first heard of the project I didn't know what to say. I was so quick to assume that I would dread the whole thing. But i am happy to say that I enjoyed every minute of working on this. I think this prpared us for a lot of work that we will soon have to work on in furthuring our education and depending on the path we take, this may play a huge role in our career. I enjoyed working on the project sooo very much. But I also loved reading everyone elses too! So sad to say it coming to an end.
ReplyDeleteI liked this project. More specifically, I like the social aspect of this. Getting people to pull of a blog project like this is pretty difficult, but I think we pulled it off with our good ol' SCPA spirit! I'm really quite impressed that SIXTY-SIX people managed to do something like this WITHOUT organizing themselves in real life- just pure online communication. So thanks to ALL the social studies students that were involved in this project- whomever you may be! As Courbet would say: Au Revoir!
ReplyDeleteWow this project has been some much work! But through it I found out that, I'm not the best at online interactions. I don't know how to explain myself fully through typing. But I did the best I could. But I enjoyed the talks that all the eras had. Everyone got really into their character. I loved talking In the voice of Hester Booth. To me, it helped me become a better actress, I think. I really loved getting into character everytime I got on the blog. It was so much fun. But I feel like I really connected with Hester. LIke I said in one of ther other questions, I feel like I became really good friends with her. I'm going to be sad to see her go. It feels like a part of me is leaving now. She was such a huge part of my everyday life for so long. I will miss her lots.
ReplyDeleteWhen I first heard about a research project, I thought to myself, "Great! A big project that I can procrastinate and at the last minute throw something together." But the blog project was reasonably fun. To comment as a funny, beaten down, bald guy was extremely interesting. And it wasn't as much work as I thought.
ReplyDeleteWell for starters I just would like to thak all of you for the lovely interviews and all the sparkle and shine on your blogs. I truly appreciate all the effort in to it just so a bunch of secret artist can look at it and cratice you. I think very highly of you all and this project was quite a time! Good job everyone!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy this project! It's really interesting!
ReplyDeleteWhen you first told us that we were gonna be doing this project i thought OMG! here's another stupid project. I thought i would hate the research, and I did hate some of it, but I actually found the rest of the research very interesting. I actually got to learn about this ancient person I never knew existed. I would say my favorite part of this project was the part when we had to make a interview. I loved making up the person's personality and creating answers based on research. I'm proud to say I actually enjoyed a research project! ( Most of it anyway.) Oh! I also liked doing the reflection too, I like this part that I'm doing right now too, creating extra comments and stuff (Oh Yeah haha). Loved It Darling! But I am glad that it's over because I have another project to finish, just in time.
ReplyDeleteThis project has been a different kind of learning experience. Usually for a research project we just slap something together, half done, and don't put a lot into it and don't take much out. But this blog project required you to learn and it turned out being fun. We not only got to learn about fascinating people but about the time period they lived and created art in. We actually became our artists and we learned more than just about there lives and the time period but some life lessons as well. And hopefully it inspired everyone else as it did me to do more with my art and try hard and maybe one day in the future some kid will be doing a research blog project on the hologram computer and it will be on you. Good job everyone and Thank you Mrs. Andreadis.
ReplyDeleteI loved doing this project! It was really cool to get outside of the traditional research project, and do something interesting while learning. I had a lot of fun bringing my arstist to life as well. Creating a profile and taking up the role of my artist was so surreal to me. It was nice to see how this project really developed as a unit. The whole thing is a really spectacular!
ReplyDeleteIn the long run im glad I did the project. Im glad that we all got to participate in the project. Even though this comment is late by a day and probaly wont count,I hope everyone at least learned something.Im happy I got to share my thoughts on this project, I know this was a struggle for me (the whole instructions thing) But I appreciate Ms. Andreadas for sticking with me for all the times I messed up. Im very thankfull our class got to participate in what many could not.
ReplyDeleteYes! I would like to say how much I enjoyed seeing what other artists from different categories were like! Like I have stated before some were simply brilliant and others were simply boring! Though the boring bunch can not help the fact that they were boring they were born that way and they can't change thing about it! Haha goodness I'm sorry but that all just needed to come out! At the end of this project it was simply fantastic but I have one criticism! I just wish some of the people who have two major's could pick one major over the other, and then pick what era would be best for their major. Like myself I play the saxophone and I fancy it more over singing because I feel that I am better at it. Singing and the saxophone is something I am really passionate about but the saxophone wasn't invented till the late 1800’s which was the end of the Industrialization era when there were no female saxophonists. Therefore I was not able to do the project on a person who I truly wanted to research. That is my only criticism, other than that the project was pretty cool. Being someone else for a change and where a majority of the people don't know who you are is pretty interesting and keeps you guessing!
ReplyDelete